PDA

View Full Version : Sound Familiar?

kermittheefrog
03-03-2003, 11:25 AM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/angels/la-sp-angrep3mar03,1,3131060.story?coll=la%2Dheadlines%2 Dsports%2Dmlb%2Dangels

Sounds a lot like Kenny.

kevingrt
03-03-2003, 11:36 AM
Can you post it here, you have to log in a crap! :angry:

kermittheefrog
03-03-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by kevingrt
Can you post it here, you have to log in a crap! :angry:

Use

username: bselig
password: bselig

Cheryl
03-03-2003, 11:58 AM
LOL!! Good for you, Andrew.

voodoochile
03-03-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Use

username: bselig
password: bselig

That is a great idea. Perhaps we can put together a list of other usernames and passwords that people use to allow members to login and view articles at login required sites.

jeremyb1
03-03-2003, 12:41 PM
we think we have it bad. at least the only one we have complaining is our ace. the angels have to deal with lackey - a pitcher with maybe 10 regular season starts in his career - complaining about his contract.

czalgosz
03-03-2003, 12:51 PM
Eckstein had the right idea - the way the system is set up, young players get screwed until they become arb-eligible. That's all there is to it. If they didn't like it, the union could get the system changed. And believe me, the owners would listen to any offer to change the arbitration system as it currently stands.

Good players will eventually get their money. When they reach arbitration stage, they have the owners over the barrel. Until then, they have to take what's offered.

I have no problem with players taking the best offer on the table when they become free agents, thereby taking advantage when the system works in their favor. Why do people expect the owners to be nice and give out big contracts when there is no incentive to?

gosox41
03-03-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
Eckstein had the right idea - the way the system is set up, young players get screwed until they become arb-eligible. That's all there is to it. If they didn't like it, the union could get the system changed. And believe me, the owners would listen to any offer to change the arbitration system as it currently stands.

Good players will eventually get their money. When they reach arbitration stage, they have the owners over the barrel. Until then, they have to take what's offered.

I have no problem with players taking the best offer on the table when they become free agents, thereby taking advantage when the system works in their favor. Why do people expect the owners to be nice and give out big contracts when there is no incentive to?

Who said ball player's were bright. Last I checked players with 1-5 years of ML experience are memebers of the union so maybe they should feel free to speak up against Don Fehr and his minions. If not, stop bitching about making 6 figures in a lousy economy, most of the world doesn't want to hear it.

Bob