PDA

View Full Version : Look at what some schlep wrote about the Sox/Cubs feud...

hsnterprize
03-03-2003, 09:20 AM
Hey y'all. I apologize in advance for what you're about to read, but I found this interesting "piece" on another Sox fan board. A Cub fan posted a paper he wrote in school and turned in that tries to explain why his team is better than ours. This paper is so pathetic that I had to post it here so we could have a "cyber punching bag" to lash out at in case of a bad Sox game or something.

If you can stomach this "drek", comment about it...I'd like to tell this schlep about what we think about his "theory" about the Cubs and Sox fans.

Disclaimer...HSNterprize will NOT be held financially nor legally responsible for any damage to computer/computer operations, loss or damage to furniture, or any other thing that's destroyed as a result of a Sox fan reading this garbage and getting mad to the point of breaking stuff.

Cubs or Sox: The Cross Town Rivalry

The battle lines are drawn; each side is waiting for the other to let their guard down, so they can make their move. This is not an ancient battlefield in a distant land. This is the modern battlefield known as the Cubs Sox rivalry. Never since the civil war have people felt strongly enough about something that they were willing to sever ties with their family or friends. The Chicago baseball rivalry is one of the greatest rivalries in sports history and is the most heated debate in and around Chicago. Despite a few fleeting similarities, the differences prove once and for all that the Cubs are far superior to the White Sox.

If you ask Sox fans the new name of their precious Sox stadium, most of them would not know the name. The fact of the matter is that the White Sox administration sold out and changed the name of Comiskey to U.S. Cellular Stadium. For around sixty million filthy dollars, the Sox administrators have forsaken their roots and betrayed both of their fans. One of the interesting characteristics of U.S. Cellular stadium is the fact that approximately one third of the seats are bad. Due to the fact that the upper deck is so high up and so angled, nobody ever sits up there. Also, since Old comiskey was torn down, the Sox home has lacked history. This lack of history relates directly to the stale atmosphere that is U.S.C.S. The Sox stadium is cold and impersonal and makes visitors to the stadium feel like they are being used.

On the other side of the spectrum, Wrigley Field is possibly the most comfortable and intriguing atmosphere in the world. Wrigley Field acts as an opiate for North siders, because when you are in Wrigley, everything is right in the world. South siders usually tend to gravitate toward real opiates, but that is a different story. For one thing, nearly every seat in Wrigley is a good seat. From these timelessly good seats, you can sense the history that is all around you. You can imagine the inebriated Babe Ruth stumbling around the bases or the pleasantly intoxicated Harry Carry singing in the booth. Aside from the history, the overall atmosphere of Wrigley is magical. In Wrigley, the history combined with the ivy, the beer vendors and the seventh inning stretch create a true “field of dreams”.

A stadium is one thing, but what a team really needs in order to survive in the major leagues is a strong and dedicated group of fans. Unfortunately for the South Side ####, it is a well-known fact that White Sox fans are bandwagon fans. When the Sox are hot, they appear to have fans, but when they are in a slump their supporters miraculously disappear. Even in the best of times, U.S. Cellular Stadium will probably never be full. The Sox only sellout games when the Cubs invade their stadium. One of the only similarities between the Sox and the Cubs besides that they both play baseball is that they both have extremely rowdy fans. An example of Sox fan rowdiness is the father and son tag team that beat up a senior citizen Royals first base coach supposedly because they were on drugs. Even though this is typical Sox fan behavior, it was an eye opener because they didn’t steal his wallet, and who would have thought that Sox fans use drugs.

In Contrast, Cubs fans bleed blue twenty-four seven. They live and die by their team because their dedication to the Cubs is stronger than any other bond. Most Cubs fans come from a long line of North side spectators. Also, when the Cubs are doing poorly, they still sellout nearly every game. The crowd that assembles at Wrigley Field is warm and fun loving and creates an environment filled with friends. This is why Wrigley is known as Chicago’s largest bar. Similarly to the Sox, Cubs fans can be rowdy and mischievous. The difference is that they pick fights with people their own size and age. One example of this is when a drunken fan stole a hat from a player sitting in the Dodgers bullpen. The Dodgers started to brawl with the fans and in the end, the Cubs fans put down the Dodger insurrection in a timely manner. This goes to show that while Sox fans are more medicated, Cubs fans are more dedicated.

With such a poor fan base combined with an embarrassing team, things do not look good for the White Sox ball club. As far as the Sox future goes, there isn’t one. Things are looking pretty grim for them for this upcoming season and for the seasons to come. Selling the rights to Comiskey showed the sox administration’s desperation for money. Only a team that has come to terms with their lack of a future would make such a bold and disgraceful move. Also, because the White sox have so much clubhouse conflict and so little team spirit, they will surely have a sub par season. The white Sox, a team with few goals and even less talent should consider contraction in order to spare themselves the agony and embarrassment of another typical south side season.

Unlike the Sox, the future of the Chicago cubs is limitless. Chicago’s team is stocked with young talented athletes and wise veterans that are capable of teaching young players how to best help their team. In sharp contrast to the Sox, the Cubs management would never disgrace baseball’s forefathers by changing the name of their historical field. The move to change the name of a landmark edifice wouldn’t be good for fans, baseball or the unity of the team. Team unity is an important factor with the cubs ball club because they are a tightly knit group of players. The only conflicts they have are occasional debates about what type of music to listen to in the locker room. With so much unity and so many confident and capable young players, there is no doubt in any educated persons mind that the cubs will have ninety plus victories and will go on to win the World Series. This is their year and they cannot and will not be stopped. The Cubs dominance over the Sox will be further illustrated when they sweep the Sox in both U.S. Cellular Stadium and Wrigley Field.

All in all, the total is three to zero in favor of the cubs. They have a better field, smarter and more devoted fans, and they have a promising future. No good can come to anyone associated with the White Sox because in Chicago, the smart choice is the Cubs. The Chicago White Sox are a disease that has plagued the people of Chicago for one hundred and three years. The only way to prevent the spread of this epidemic is to educate the youth of Chicago and keep on pulling for Chicago’s one true team.

FanOf14
03-03-2003, 09:25 AM
Someone needs to teach that "person" how to write. I didn't know I was a bandwagon jumper...what a putz. Cub fans are smarter?! That's news to me...

moochpuppy
03-03-2003, 09:38 AM
LMAO!! I hope this kid isn't hoping for a career in journalism. The grammar is hopeless, not to mention the content. Has this kid ever been to either park?? Me thinks not.

changed the name of Comiskey to U.S. Cellular Stadium.

U.S. Cellular Field. Get your facts straight.

For around sixty million filthy dollars, the Sox administrators have forsaken their roots and betrayed both of their fans.

How have they forsaken their roots and betrayed their fans by making plans to renovate the park with these funds?

For one thing, nearly every seat in Wrigley is a good seat.

Yeah, I love having a green steel beam in the crotch of my seat. WOOHOO!!

You can imagine the inebriated Babe Ruth stumbling around the bases or the pleasantly intoxicated Harry Carry singing in the booth.

More proof that EVERYONE goes to Wrigley to get drunk!

In Wrigley, the history combined with the ivy, the beer vendors and the seventh inning stretch create a true “field of dreams”.

What about the actual team that plays there? :?:

An example of Sox fan rowdiness is the father and son tag team that beat up a senior citizen Royals first base coach supposedly because they were on drugs. Even though this is typical Sox fan behavior, it was an eye opener because they didn’t steal his wallet, and who would have thought that Sox fans use drugs.

Is this kid that retarded to think this?

One example of this is when a drunken fan stole a hat from a player sitting in the Dodgers bullpen. The Dodgers started to brawl with the fans and in the end, the Cubs fans put down the Dodger insurrection in a timely manner. This goes to show that while Sox fans are more medicated, Cubs fans are more dedicated.

So it's the Dodgers fault?!? LOL! Talk about using drugs. Let's not forget the fan that rushed Randy Myers on the mound.

With such a poor fan base combined with an embarrassing team, things do not look good for the White Sox ball club. As far as the Sox future goes, there isn’t one.

I'll stop right here because it is blantantly obvious this kid knows nothing about Chicago baseball! God I hope his teacher is a Sox fan! :angry:

hsnterprize
03-03-2003, 09:56 AM
The fellow who wrote this said in reponse to the many criticisms of this work that he'll get the official grade for this today (Monday, March 3). He also said that this wasn't a "research" paper, but a "compare-contrast" paper in which no research was required. I'm assuming (I haven't seen anything officially from this guy) that he's a high school student. But regardless, the writing was not good...let alone, the subject matter.

moochpuppy
03-03-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by hsnterprize
He also said that this wasn't a "research" paper, but a "compare-contrast" paper in which no research was required.

How can you do a compare/contrast paper when you have incorrect information. Hmmm....maybe research should be required.

I just received word of this kid's grade:

F

LuvSox
03-03-2003, 10:25 AM
Where is this posted at? I'd beat this kid within an inch of his worthless life but I don't want to be accused of highjacking the short bus. I'd really like to knock that stupid C right off his hat, miserable little douchebag.

Hangar18
03-03-2003, 10:29 AM
I can tell the guy who wrote (what terrible grammar, my god) this has to be either in 8th grade or a freshman in high school. Hopefully, he'll be Truthful and tell me if im right. he makes a lot of references to "historical" things like harry and babe ruth. Dont think he realizes that babe ruth played for the Yankess, which were an AL team, so 99.9% of his playing in Chicago were at Comiskey. Also, harry carey came over from the White Sox, which he brought his "traditions" over with him (singing, 7th inn stretch) If cub fans were real cub fans, they wouldve REJECTED those "traditions" as being South Side Traditions, and done something different. Of course, the cubs really have no tradition or fan base. The fan base we see now is because of Harry and the 1980's. this kid is young, so thats all he knows is 1980's til now. hes got a lot of heartbreak, misery, and frustration ahead of him if he stays a cub fan, hahah to him. the only thing he had right was the upper deck thing (which is ALSO media-fueled) so unless hes sat up there before, hes not Qualified to talk about it. Hope He reads this. any way I can find out if this kid will read any of this??

Hangar18
03-03-2003, 10:37 AM
Also, I think reading this is funny, because this paper and this kid TYPIFY PERFECTLY a cub fan. I cant tell you how many "discussions" (more like arguments) I have with these stupid people. Every dang argument starts out with an untrue fact (more like opinion) and goes from there. I have to stop to point out that the argument can go no further, because it is already Flawed. This kid I KNOW FOR A FACT has to be a freshman in hs, because he is basing everything on what hes Read in the Media Here and Heard from his dumb peers. The Chicago Media has only since the 1980's that I can see, began their cub love-affair, and has Slanted peoples Perceptions. Everyone knows how I feel about the media (I should work for the FBI, I profiled this clown pretty good)

alohafri
03-03-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Where is this posted at? I'd beat this kid within an inch of his worthless life but I don't want to be accused of highjacking the short bus. I'd really like to knock that stupid C right off his hat, miserable little douchebag.

(from Mrs. Aloha)
That was priceless, LuvSox!
I'm laughing so hard, I have tears in my eyes!!
:D:

Hangar18
03-03-2003, 11:00 AM
Hey Aloha....your in Willowbrook/BurrRidge ? Small world, my office moved from BurrRidge to Willowbrook...

LuvSox
03-03-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by alohafri
(from Mrs. Aloha)
That was priceless, LuvSox!
I'm laughing so hard, I have tears in my eyes!!
:D: Those Cubbies just bring out the worst in me! :)

ssang
03-03-2003, 11:23 AM
[i], there is no doubt in any educated persons mind that the cubs will have ninety plus victories and will go on to win the World Series. This is their year and they cannot and will not be stopped. The Cubs dominance over the Sox will be further illustrated when they sweep the Sox in both U.S. Cellular Stadium and Wrigley Field.

[/B]

Is it just me, or does this kind of talk AMAZE you guys. Why do Cub fans always have such blind hope? It's like they live in La-La land! I hope this kid meant to use teal with this quote. If not, then I'd love to go Tom Gamboa on his ass.

jortafan
03-03-2003, 11:24 AM
The kid has one point right. Wrigley Field does serve as an "opiate" to people attending games there. I've always suspected that everybody who bothers with the Cubs is on dope.

Hangar18
03-03-2003, 11:51 AM
Cant wait to talk to this kid come October heh heh.
what a chump

Kilroy
03-03-2003, 12:27 PM
The crowd that assembles at Wrigley Field is warm and fun loving and creates an environment filled with friends.

Except when they're assaulting opposing pitchers in the bullpen causing a melee, or charging the mound to knock the snot out of their own pitcher who just served up another gopher ball...

But that's typical Sox fan behavior? Riiiiight.

Foulke You
03-03-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by jortafan
The kid has one point right. Wrigley Field does serve as an "opiate" to people attending games there. I've always suspected that everybody who bothers with the Cubs is on dope.

You forgot the one true drug that is smoked up on a daily basis by all of the Cub faithful...

:bluerock
Cubbie Crack!!!

gogosoxgogo
03-03-2003, 01:28 PM
folks, don't worry, I wrote a 6 page research paper last year in high school PROVING that the Sox are better than the Cubs (the only requirement was that the paper had to be debateable, so I took advantage of that :D: ). I spent a long time on the research, and since it was something I'm so passionate about, I'd have to say it was among my best work. The best part was, my English teacher was a Cardinals fan who hated the Cubs as well. As you can imagine, a perfect grade of an A+ was in my future :D:. Unfortunately, I don't have it saved anywhere any longer due to outdated computers, and not switching over certain files. Otherwise, I would counter that piece of trash on that very website.

guillen4life13
03-03-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Also, I think reading this is funny, because this paper and this kid TYPIFY PERFECTLY a cub fan. I cant tell you how many "discussions" (more like arguments) I have with these stupid people. Every dang argument starts out with an untrue fact (more like opinion) and goes from there. I have to stop to point out that the argument can go no further, because it is already Flawed. This kid I KNOW FOR A FACT has to be a freshman in hs, because he is basing everything on what hes Read in the Media Here and Heard from his dumb peers. The Chicago Media has only since the 1980's that I can see, began their cub love-affair, and has Slanted peoples Perceptions. Everyone knows how I feel about the media (I should work for the FBI, I profiled this clown pretty good)

Hey hey hey! Stop dissing us because we're freshman. Some of us have our heads screwed on RIGHT!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :gulp: :gulp: :cool:

DrCrawdad
03-03-2003, 01:48 PM
After about 2 sentences I had enough and stopped reading that drivel.

Hangar18
03-03-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
Hey hey hey! Stop dissing us because we're freshman. Some of us have our heads screwed on RIGHT!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :gulp: :gulp: :cool:

Heh Heh, dont worry Guillen. Theres a distinct difference between being a Freshman and a cub fan, and a Freshman Sox Fan. Being a Sox Fan, theres a distinct air of knowledge about yourself. Being a Cub Fan....Theres a Distinct Odor

Rocky Soprano
03-03-2003, 02:09 PM
This kid is living proof (the poster child) of why ALL Cub Fans should be castrated!

Hullett_Fan
03-03-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
After about 2 sentences I had enough and stopped reading that drivel.

Same here. Not worth the energy.

I will say that I overheard a couple "die-hard" Flub fans talking at a bar last weekend. Here's a transcript of the conversation:

Flub Fan 1: "Hey, I just heard that the Yankees are coming to Wrigley this season!" (keep in mind that the schedule has been available for months)

Flub Fan 2: "Awesome, we'll have to get tix for that." (keep in mind that those tix went on sale two weeks ago)

Later in the convo...

Flub Fan 2: "Now what's our rotation?"

Flub Fan 1: "Wood, Prior, Clement, ummmm, uhhh, Zambrano, ummm, I'm forgetting someone."

ME (SITTING TWO STOOLS AWAY): "You forgot Estes. Shawn Estes the left hander on your staff." "Morons (under my breath)"

Flub Fan 1: "Oh, right...Estes."

Now, from this guys report, I'm supposed to believe that Flubs fans are more knowledgable? LMAO!!!

voodoochile
03-03-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Hullett_Fan
Same here. Not worth the energy.

I will say that I overheard a couple "die-hard" Flub fans talking at a bar last weekend. Here's a transcript of the conversation:

Flub Fan 1: "Hey, I just heard that the Yankees are coming to Wrigley this season!" (keep in mind that the schedule has been available for months)

Flub Fan 2: "Awesome, we'll have to get tix for that." (keep in mind that those tix went on sale two weeks ago)

Later in the convo...

Flub Fan 2: "Now what's our rotation?"

Flub Fan 1: "Wood, Prior, Clement, ummmm, uhhh, Zambrano, ummm, I'm forgetting someone."

ME (SITTING TWO STOOLS AWAY): "You forgot Estes. Shawn Estes the left hander on your staff." "Morons (under my breath)"

Flub Fan 1: "Oh, right...Estes."

Now, from this guys report, I'm supposed to believe that Flubs fans are more knowledgable? LMAO!!!

Well, at least they realized that they were supposed to be naming 5. By flubbie fan standards, that's pretty bright...

Hangar18
03-03-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Hullett_Fan

This same thing almost happened here at work. Couple of cub fans here remarked on the fact they were playing the Yankees and they got really excited. One said he was excited at seeing the Yankees come to Chicago for the first time.......He quickly realized that the Yankees play the Sox in Chicago every year since the 20th century

doublem23
03-03-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
How can you do a compare/contrast paper when you have incorrect information. Hmmm....maybe research should be required.

F

Too high.

longshot7
03-03-2003, 08:28 PM
Dont think he realizes that babe ruth played for the Yankess, which were an AL team, so 99.9% of his playing in Chicago were at Comiskey.

Actually, Ruth's "called shot" was at Wrigley... but I think this kid is obviously in elementary school, so let's cut him a break. It's a pretty funny paper, and I'm sure I'd have written something as equally bad (in favor of the Sox) at his age.

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-03-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy

F

forget an F, the kid should be expelled and put in prison.

guillen4life13
03-03-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
forget an F, the kid should be expelled and put in prison.

LMAO!

Dick Allen
03-03-2003, 10:26 PM
I have to give this retard credit. I thought most Cub fans didn't know how to use words with more than three letters in them. This cretin is probably the valedictorian of his class if they're all Cub fans. I'm glad they "live and die" with their Cubbies, hopefully they'll all expire shortly.

BearSox
03-03-2003, 10:39 PM
He forgot to mention girl watching in the bleachers at Wrigley, obviously he's in elementary school, wheres the kids hormones? :D:

hsnterprize
03-04-2003, 09:04 AM
I found it on the whitesox.com site's "Fan Forum". The poster is Chas1234, and the thread is called, "Sox/Cubs Rivalry". His "essay" is the first post on the thread, and needless to say, he's been catching tons of flack because of what he wrote and how he wrote it.

Hangar18
03-04-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by longshot7
Actually, Ruth's "called shot" was at Wrigley... but I think this kid is obviously in elementary school, so let's cut him a break. It's a pretty funny paper, and I'm sure I'd have written something as equally bad (in favor of the Sox) at his age.

which is why i put the .9% there. He made it sound like Ruth played there year after year. Ruth only played there once...
the rest of the time, they came to Chicagos South Side year in and year out.

moochpuppy
03-04-2003, 09:47 AM
Someone has found a picture of the author of that piece:

http://www.peoriaplayers.org/images/1990s/bleacherbums.jpg

Iwritecode
03-04-2003, 10:11 AM
Hope He reads this. any way I can find out if this kid will read any of this??

Put your comments here. (http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-whitesox&msg=15023.1&ctx=0) There's a better chance that he'll see them...

LuvSox
03-04-2003, 10:23 AM
Nice pic MoochPuppy, surprised he's not 'punching-the-clown' to that Harry photo.

voodoochile
03-04-2003, 11:24 AM
Man that sucks. 7 hour waiting period just to ask him what grade he got. After all, it is Tuesday. He said he would post the grade on Monday. Must be C or below since he won't tell us...

soxguy
03-04-2003, 11:36 PM
The biggest waste of our energy as sox fans is spent on ragging on the cubs. They arent in our division,they arent even in our league. Why would any of you waste your energy on a 3rd graders paper.......jeez. Get out there this year and cheer for your team, this............is our year.

bigfoot
03-05-2003, 12:04 AM
You bet it's a waste of creative time, Soxguy, but SunTimes Jay has to try out his columns somewhere. Obviously this is a plagarized column with some less than clever word exchanges. The original had to be with reference to NYC teams, for SuntimesJay can't bring himself to write an entire column referring only to the Sox or Cobz.

OEO Magglio
03-05-2003, 12:28 AM
ARE WE SURE MARIOTTI DIDN'T WRITE THIS???????????

fuzzy_patters
03-05-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by soxguy
they arent even in our league.

You got that right! :nocubs