PDA

View Full Version : Sosa's drug test

Thunderstruck30
03-02-2003, 01:06 PM
Did anyone read the article in today's Sun-Times about Sosa saying he is now willing to take a drug test to prove he doesn't take steroids? So in other words, Sosa hasn't taken steroids in a while, so now that they're out of his system, he will take the drug test. Then once he fools everyone with his innocense, he will start taking the steroids again.

:nandrolone

TornLabrum
03-02-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
Did anyone read the article in today's Sun-Times about Sosa saying he is now willing to take a drug test to prove he doesn't take steroids? So in other words, Sosa hasn't taken steroids in a while, so now that they're out of his system, he will take the drug test. Then once he fools everyone with his innocense, he will start taking the steroids again.

That might justanswer the question I raised in my article last week about why he is suddenly slimmed down in his upper body.

:shammy

"I'm just slimmed down because I went on a diet."

Pete_SSAC
03-02-2003, 01:44 PM
And this is what will lead to the downfall of Sosa... with lack of his chemicaly enhanced strength, the HR will drop... and the fact that Maggs will be a MVP cannidate this season won't help him non either.

The king is dead, Long live the king!

- Pete

StepsInSC
03-02-2003, 03:25 PM
LOL

cheeses_h_rice
03-02-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC
And this is what will lead to the downfall of Sosa... with lack of his chemicaly enhanced strength, the HR will drop... and the fact that Maggs will be a MVP cannidate this season won't help him non either.

The king is dead, Long live the king!

- Pete

You're exactly right. Without zingers, Sham-ME loses his life's essence.

I give all the credit in the world to Rick Reilly for forcing the issue in the first place. This is going to be one interesting season for anti-Shamsters.

34rancher
03-02-2003, 05:20 PM
Just read my sig.

'Nuff said.

LuvSox
03-02-2003, 07:39 PM
The truth will come out in the end when he has a huge brain tumor.

WinningUgly!
03-02-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
The truth will come out in the end when he has a huge brain tumor.

Wouldn't he need a brain first? :D:

TommyJohn
03-02-2003, 11:14 PM
:moron

Cretins! Lunkheads! My Sammy is as pure as the driven snow!
You're just jealous because I will continue my campaign to run the useless, minimum-wage Antichrist Thomas out of town! You
just can't stand to see a successful Latin, can you? Go worship
your white god Urlacher! My Sammy will show you all!!!

WhiteSoxWinner
03-02-2003, 11:34 PM
Shammy is a tool. I believe more than ever that he was on the juice. If he would have left it dead like it was, then there is room for doubt. But to come back after all this time and say, "See? Test me now," just puts more doubt out there. Unless of course you are the Chicago media or Scrub fan on the Kool-Aid that wouldn't believe Shamme was doing 'roids even if he had a bottle in hand and a needle in his arm.

34 Inch Stick
03-03-2003, 08:50 AM
If the reporter had any balls at all he would have had a follow up question for Sammy about his noticeable decrease in weight and size.

I think the papers need to send in a reporter who does not regularly cover the teams to ask pointed questions to the guys on all Chicago teams. The beat writers are too close to the situation to come down too hard on players.

moochpuppy
03-03-2003, 09:01 AM
:shammy

"I am very muscular and I hit a ton of homeruns so who cares what the side effects are?"

:michaels (I ask all the hard questions)

"So the fact that "Little Sammy" is the size of one of Mark Grace's cigarette butts doesn't bother you?"

:moron

"It bothers me."

gosox41
03-03-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30

I have a body building question. Sammy came into the league weighing around 165. Last season I heard he was 230. He's put on 65 LBS, most of it being muscle.

Is it possible for a person to gain that much muscle without taking any supplements. Sammy swores he tried creatine once or twice, but I don't believe. I was told that there's only so much your much muscle your body can put on before you need to take something to put you over the top. Can anyone verify this.

I'm sure Sammy works out during the off season, but if I were to work out 4 hours a day six months a year on a muscle building program and eat a balanced diet can I expect to put on that much muscle?

Bob

LuvSox
03-03-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
I have a body building question. Sammy came into the league weighing around 165. Last season I heard he was 230. He's put on 65 LBS, most of it being muscle.

Is it possible for a person to gain that much muscle without taking any supplements. Sammy swores he tried creatine once or twice, but I don't believe. I was told that there's only so much your much muscle your body can put on before you need to take something to put you over the top. Can anyone verify this.

I'm sure Sammy works out during the off season, but if I were to work out 4 hours a day six months a year on a muscle building program and eat a balanced diet can I expect to put on that much muscle?

Bob HIGHLY unlikely. Although, people are different, they react in different ways. I've never used any supplements, just ate the right foods for muscle gain (carbs, protein) at the right times of day for a few years and only gained 30 pounds. There is a point where you can't gain anymore weight naturally.

TornLabrum
03-03-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
If the reporter had any balls at all he would have had a follow up question for Sammy about his noticeable decrease in weight and size.

I think the papers need to send in a reporter who does not regularly cover the teams to ask pointed questions to the guys on all Chicago teams. The beat writers are too close to the situation to come down too hard on players.

I suggested the exact same thing in a column here a couple of weeks ago. The Sammy fawning among the so-called "journalists" (and I use that term loosely) in this town is unforgivable.

It's news that Frank didn't like getting his salary cut in half. It's not news that Sammy comes in noticeably slimmer and now wants to be tested.

WinningUgly!
03-03-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by gosox41

Bob
C'mon, he's all natural! :)
http://www.nasbl.com/archives/all-stars/2001/images/sosa_sammy_02.jpg

Hangar18
03-04-2003, 08:44 AM
I was JUST GOING TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THAT. I saw a picture of Sammy in the paper the other day, and I remember thinking, hey wait a second...isnt this from like 5 or 6yrs ago? He looks noticably smaller. How could a guy get that big like he did overnite? Only to NOW get really small again? The guys been doing Steroids for sure. WHo is sammy kidding. No wonder hes been Talking about he'll take a Test whenever MLB asks him. what BS. But I guess in his defense, its not really illegal in baseball.

Nixey 02
03-04-2003, 12:24 PM
maybe being one homerun from 500 (immortality) coupled with the national media's continued focus on substances (banned and otherwise) led Sammy to drop the weight and welcome a test. Will he hit 50 again? 40? Do we really care?

Go Sox. :smile: