PDA

View Full Version : jimenez

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-02-2003, 12:19 AM
dont know if posted, but jimenez and the padres are yelling.
here (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-030228soxside,1,4767152.story?coll=cs%2Dwhitesox%2 Dheadlines) "He's the laziest teammate I've ever played with—that's 10 years," Klesko told the San Diego Union-Tribune. "The kid has no desire. What can you do? He didn't want to work."

apparently the talk of him being a cancer is still true.

gogosoxgogo
03-02-2003, 02:55 AM
I'll believe it when I see it. Sox teammates have been quoted saying that he is fine in regards to his effort... and as we all know, if there is a problem in the Sox clubhouse, it will be vocalized loud and clear. Last year while watching him, I didn't notice any trouble with him not giving it his all.

Wsoxmike59
03-02-2003, 08:58 AM
I still worry about his ability after coming back from his broken neck in the car accident a few years back. I wonder if that's why he was taking it easy while with SD. Maybe a little precaution or apprehension on his part.

Either way, it's always a good idea to NOT badmouth an organization when you leave there, a la Jason Bere, Mike Sirotka and Wison Alvarez.

You never know when you may want another chance in baseball and usually the organization that signed you, will usually always give you another shot or look see for another chance to play.

TornLabrum
03-02-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Wsoxmike59
I still worry about his ability after coming back from his broken neck in the car accident a few years back. I wonder if that's why he was taking it easy while with SD. Maybe a little precaution or apprehension on his part.

If you're worried about his coming back from a broken neck, here are two words to remember: Ron Kittle. He came back strong enough to be AL Rookie of the Year in 1983.

hose
03-02-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
here (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-030228soxside,1,4767152.story?coll=cs%2Dwhitesox%2 Dheadlines)

I will give Jiminez the benefit of the doubt, seems his team mates are.

Whenever I hear Ryan Klesko's name I flash back to the World Series at Yankee Stadium and him dropping a soft pop up at first base for a crucial error. After the play Klesko pathetically looks up at the lights 3 or 4 times shading his eyes with his glove.

voodoochile
03-02-2003, 10:08 AM

Maybe even a little "WOOHOOO! I'M ALIVE AND NOT IN A WHEELCHAIR FOR LIFE!" I imagine breaking your neck makes playing baseball seem pretty minor in comparison.

I think working with Manos will be great for him too. Besides, he is coming up to his arbitration years pretty soon - that will motivate anyone...

T Dog
03-02-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
If you're worried about his coming back from a broken neck, here are two words to remember: Ron Kittle. He came back strong enough to be AL Rookie of the Year in 1983.

If Ron Kittle hadn't broken his neck at the start of his minor league career, we might know his as a Dodger.

HawkDJ
03-02-2003, 12:04 PM
He can't be any worse than Clayton!

RKMeibalane
03-02-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
He can't be any worse than Clayton!

Agreed. I'd rather have Jimenez going half-speed than Clayton. At least D'Angelo doesn't have his own island.

duke of dorwood
03-02-2003, 01:31 PM
He will be all right. Having Manos at short is the big benefit from these moves.

jeremyb1
03-02-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
here (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-030228soxside,1,4767152.story?coll=cs%2Dwhitesox%2 Dheadlines)

well if someone said it then it must be true, right?

jeremyb1
03-02-2003, 03:35 PM

Either way, it's always a good idea to NOT badmouth an organization when you leave there, a la Jason Bere, Mike Sirotka and Wison Alvarez.

You never know when you may want another chance in baseball and usually the organization that signed you, will usually always give you another shot or look see for another chance to play.

well the yankees are the organization that signed jimenez and he's done nothing but praise them so i doubt he'd ever have trouble soliciting minor interest from them. by the same principle, san diego players might want to refrain from bashing a former player, you never know when he could be a top free agent target and refuse to sign with your team. jimenez may have been the first to speak directly to the media on this issue but all the articles i read were in response to rumblings throughout baseball that the padres had complained about jimenez's work ethic.

Rocklive99
03-02-2003, 05:54 PM
I think I heard that his response was that no one would talk to him in SD, and he was treated badly in the clubhouse, unlike here, where he has many friends that get together, talk, and joke around. From what I can see, his work ethic has looked fine so far.

34 Inch Stick
03-03-2003, 09:42 AM
The first trade he could rationalize with the Yankees having Jeter and Soriano. The Padres trade may have told him that there is something wrong with him.

That kind of trade tends to wake up even talented players.