PDA

View Full Version : Thomas in Todays Sun-Times says....

Hangar18
03-01-2003, 10:12 AM
hes going to go the other way with his hitting. He brought up some very good points about what he tried to do with Schillings pitches. This is very good, hes sounding like hes got his mechanics down and just working on his timing now. He had some nice things to say about Maggs too. What i like more importantly, is hes Sounding like the Old Thomas, dissecting pitches and talking about why he'll take a walk over "swinging himself out". Thats what made Frank Dangerous back in the day. Atta Boy Frank! Also, im so glad to see that he steered the topic on hitting and his form instead of talking about his contract etc etc. Hopefully all of this is behind him now. Talk Hitting Frank, Talk Nothing but Hitting and Compliments are nice. Im very happy to read this about Frank this morning.

Juan Pizarro
03-01-2003, 10:18 AM
Yes! The Hriniak work has him thinking correctly again.
Right-center field, Frank!

duke of dorwood
03-01-2003, 04:58 PM
Walt has Frank's attention. He's thinking hitting again

hsnterprize
03-03-2003, 06:09 AM
As long as Frank keeps thinking like this, he will have a HUGE season. I've interviewed him, and he really tries to put the ball in play everytime he's at the plate. Sometimes, he tries too hard to do a lot since he knows the spotlight is on him. With Walt by his side, he'll be able to relax and do his job...and that's great news for the Sox this year.

Iguana775
03-03-2003, 07:56 AM
what i dont get is if walt is so good, why isnt he still the sox hitting coach? he obviously can help Thomas so why not just keep him the hitting coach?

mrwag
03-03-2003, 08:13 AM
Not all the Sox players reacted to Walt as well as Frank did. Walt definately had his own style of hitting.