PDA

View Full Version : Milton Scratched

upnorthsox
02-28-2003, 12:22 PM
Bear with me as this is my first thread start:

FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) -- Minnesota Twins left-hander Eric Milton has been scratched from his first scheduled start of the spring because of swelling in his surgically repaired left knee.

Johan Santana will start in Milton's place Saturday in Sarasota against the Cincinnati Reds.

Milton probably will return to Minnesota for further evaluation, and another operation is possible, the team said Friday.

(Edited by VoodooChile for legal purposes. Please see the link for the rest of the article.)

You also want the link for legal purposes correct?

Swelling continues for Milton, another operation possible (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-twins-milton&prov=ap&type=lgns)

czalgosz
02-28-2003, 12:35 PM
If Milton goes down for any significant part of the season, that'll really hurt the Twins, especially as Mays is a question mark at best.

Although IMO Santana is probably a better pitcher.

moochpuppy
02-28-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
If Milton goes down for any significant part of the season, that'll really hurt the Twins, especially as Mays is a question mark at best.

Although IMO Santana is probably a better pitcher.

I agree. This could be a blessing in disguise for the Twinkies. While Milton has been a good pitcher (never posting less than a 4.32 ERA) he has never lived up to the expectations when he came over from the Yankees in the Knoblauch trade.

Santana could be a big sleeper this season. He had a very impressive coming out party last season.

voodoochile
02-28-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by upnorthsox
Bear with me as this is my first thread start:

FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) -- Minnesota Twins left-hander Eric Milton has been scratched from his first scheduled start of the spring because of swelling in his surgically repaired left knee.

Johan Santana will start in Milton's place Saturday in Sarasota against the Cincinnati Reds.

Milton probably will return to Minnesota for further evaluation, and another operation is possible, the team said Friday.

(edited by VoodooChile for legal purposes :D: )

You also want the link for legal purposes correct?

Swelling continues for Milton, another operation possible (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-twins-milton&prov=ap&type=lgns)

In the future, merely quote sections of the article, and post the link. Posting the whole article is illegal even with a link. Thanks.

SDSoxFan
02-28-2003, 01:35 PM
Yeah, all the Twinkie fans are promoting the fact they believe Santana will be better then MB this season. I think he will be the best the Twinkies will have, but comparing him to MB is taking it too far.

upnorthsox
02-28-2003, 01:42 PM
Ok thanks Voodoo will do.

This hurts the Twinkies depth though esp. with Mays still tender. If he goes down they're scrambling for a 5th starter.

34 Inch Stick
02-28-2003, 03:17 PM
I understand. He is better than at least two of your regular starters and that is why he is in the bullpen.

I predict a big slide by the Twins this year.

czalgosz
02-28-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I understand. He is better than at least two of your regular starters and that is why he is in the bullpen.

I predict a big slide by the Twins this year.

I could see them dropping to 89-90 wins, but that might still be enough to beat the Sox.

Hey, noone said that the Twins would always do the smart thing. A lot of people have been calling for Gardenhire to start Santana, but he prefers him out of the pen.