PDA

View Full Version : Greenstein

MRKARNO
02-27-2003, 10:17 PM
I truly believe that Teddy Greenstein does not have the ability to write favorable articles about the White Sox. Why must he bring up Buerhle's contract negotiations and make it a big story if it isn't one. The Sox are gonna pay him nothing until he can go to arbitration. Greenstein should be reassigned and we should get a new sox beat reporter.

Daver
02-27-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
I truly believe that Teddy Greenstein does not have the ability to write favorable articles about the White Sox. Why must he bring up Buerhle's contract negotiations and make it a big story if it isn't one. The Sox are gonna pay him nothing until he can go to arbitration. Greenstein should be reassigned and we should get a new sox beat reporter.

May I suggest you stop giving your money to the Tribune if you are not satisfied with their product?

Two years ago I decided to stop buying the Trib,because I had a problem with their editorial veiw,and I stopped buying the Sun Times,because they chose to continue to employ a man that wears a cat on his head as a sportswriter,I now buy the Daily Southtown,and I am very happy with it.

I decided to put my money where my thoughts were,if everyone were to do that maybe the drop in circulation would affect a change.

fuzzy_patters
02-27-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by daver
May I suggest you stop giving your money to the Tribune if you are not satisfied with their product?

Two years ago I decided to stop buying the Trib,because I had a problem with their editorial veiw,and I stopped buying the Sun Times,because they chose to continue to employ a man that wears a cat on his head as a sportswriter,I now buy the Daily Southtown,and I am very happy with it.

I decided to put my money where my thoughts were,if everyone were to do that maybe the drop in circulation would affect a change.

The drop in circulation could also continue until it hits zero, which might not be such a bad thing either.

Lip Man 1
02-28-2003, 12:26 AM
In Teddy's defense the other Chicago papers also had that story.

It's big news and will continue to be big news because Buehrle is one of the Sox top players and managment and he simply can't get along.

Add to it Buehrle's dumb "St. Louis" comments and the perception that if his numbers ever drop off it's because of his "contract status," and it's a legit issue.

Plus off course you have the Sox documented history with pitchers including some pretty good ones.

By the way did anybody see Wilson Alvarez is in the Dodgers camp and Jim Tracy is very high on him. Said he thinks Alvarez can by this year's version of Omar Daal for them.

Lip

jeremyb1
02-28-2003, 01:28 AM
i don't understand everyone's problem with greenstein. the beat writer is not going to control the nature of the sox stories printed. things like frank blasting konerko and manuel and buehrle struggling to agree on a contract with the team is major news. i doubt anyone here can honestly say that doesn't interest them, or they wouldn't be reading the story.

considering the number of posts generated on this board about buehrle's contract negotiations, his comments in stl, and his future with the club sox fans are obviously very interested in his contract status. you can blame greenstein or the trib for writing and publishing stories about what most consider to be important news.

MRKARNO
02-28-2003, 06:19 AM
Maybe that was a bad example, but it just always seems that he puts a negative spin on the story. He has been with the CUbs for too long. Has he written a truly optimistic story yet about the sox?

DrCrawdad
02-28-2003, 06:29 AM
Teddy Greenstein authored that slam job on Sox fans about the dead ivy at Wrigley last year.

Maybe this year Teddy will write a front page article slamming Cub fans. (What's the color for sarcastic remarks?)

- DrCrawdad.