PDA

View Full Version : Olivo


gogosoxgogo
02-27-2003, 05:28 PM
Vote for this guy to be the next top prospect alert (http://www.topprospectalert.com/).

gogosoxgogo
02-27-2003, 05:31 PM
Also, not sure if this was yet posted, so I apologize if that's the case, but there's a nice little article on Honel (http://www.topprospectalert.com/tpa/02230301.shtm) .

Randar68
02-27-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
Also, not sure if this was yet posted, so I apologize if that's the case, but there's a nice little article on Honel (http://www.topprospectalert.com/tpa/02230301.shtm) .

"I canít remember the last breaking ball pitcher that made a big, sustained impact before age 25, so I am decidedly pessimistic about Honel bucking that trend."

Has this clown ever heard of Barry Zito or Mark Buehrle????

Hack-job.

gogosoxgogo
02-27-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
"I canít remember the last breaking ball pitcher that made a big, sustained impact before age 25, so I am decidedly pessimistic about Honel bucking that trend."

Has this clown ever heard of Barry Zito or Mark Buehrle????

Hack-job.

Yeah, I can name some more as well, that was a bad line. His prediction of Honel's injury seemed far fetched as well. Even if he does get injured, I really don't think dropping 3mph on his fastball had to do with it. I bet it had something to do with his minor league coach changing his mechanics a little and Honel having to adjust. His predicted 2006 rotation includes Colon as well. I see very little chance of the Sox retaining him past this year.

czalgosz
02-27-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
His predicted 2006 rotation includes Colon as well. I see very little chance of the Sox retaining him past this year.

That's sad, but true. Colon will be in Yankee pinstripes for 2004, unless something earth-shattering happens.

SouthSideHitman
02-27-2003, 06:33 PM
I've noticed something and this thread is as good a place as any to say it. Richard Daley was a great Sox fan who made ballot box stuffing an art. An art which is alive and well in Sox fans today. I just love how every poll posted here is immediatly taken over by pro-Soxers, without fail. It's just great to see committed fans doing whatever they can to gain back some rightful attention which the flubs and the east coast media refuse to grant.

Daver
02-27-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by SouthSideHitman
I've noticed something and this thread is as good a place as any to say it. Richard Daley was a great Sox fan who made ballot box stuffing an art. An art which is alive and well in Sox fans today. I just love how every poll posted here is immediatly taken over by pro-Soxers, without fail. It's just great to see committed fans doing whatever they can to gain back some rightful attention which the flubs and the east coast media refuse to grant.

You would be referring to :army


And we have no idea what your talking about with ballot box stuffing...........

:)

gogosoxgogo
02-27-2003, 06:49 PM
We have come to believe that many people are somehow voting a large amount of times in order for one player to win the poll each week. Therefore, we are making this rule:

If, we, the owners/writers of TopProspectAlert.com, come to a conclusion that there has been some tampering with the results of the poll it is in our own power to void that player from winning the poll. This goes for any player in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th place.

We hope you understand.

TPA Staff

muhaha :)

Hurry Sox army, Cubbie Blue Brendan Harris is gaining!

bc2k
02-27-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
muhaha :)

Hurry Sox army, Cubbie Blue Brendan Harris is gaining!

Yeah that was a classic move. I remember the race in the hundreds and I check back and the Sox player had like 14k votes.

How come every time we have the option to vote for a Sox prospect, a cubbie one is in there too? Anyway, WSI better get working becuase Harris has just passed Olivo.

sox_fan_forever
02-27-2003, 09:26 PM
I just voted and it's exactly even now between Olivo and Harris.

Daver
02-27-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Randar68




Hack-job.

Worse than a hack job,this guy is dead wrong on more than one point,I doubt he has ever seen Kris pitch.

Iguana775
02-27-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by daver
Worse than a hack job,this guy is dead wrong on more than one point,I doubt he has ever seen Kris pitch.

So what do you think of his prediction of getting injured before 25?

Daver
02-27-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775
So what do you think of his prediction of getting injured before 25?

Pure speculation.

fuzzy_patters
02-27-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775
So what do you think of his prediction of getting injured before 25?

It sounds like a safe prediction to me. If you made that prediction about every prospect in baseball, you would probably be right more than half the time.

voodoochile
02-27-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by fuzzy_patters
It sounds like a safe prediction to me. If you made that prediction about every prospect in baseball, you would probably be right more than half the time.

Which of course means over half the time you get to say, "I told you so" and the rest you just forget you ever said anything at all...

fuzzy_patters
02-27-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Which of course means over half the time you get to say, "I told you so" and the rest you just forget you ever said anything at all...

You are exactly right. Since he will be correct on this prediction more times than not, he will be able to bring that up the next time he makes a prediction. This will increase readership and thus the number of hits to his website. He could make the same generic prediction about any young pitcher and use stats and anecdotal evidence to support his claim.

upnorthsox
02-28-2003, 08:13 AM
The first area of concern with Kris Honel is a disturbing velocity drop over the past two years, from the 91-94 mph range his senior year of high school to the 88-91 mph zone that he threw at most of last season....

....I am really hung up on the velocity drop from his high school days

Can we guess if this was the same guy who advised the Shrubs about Garland's disturbing velocity drop? :smile:

WhiteSoxWinner
03-02-2003, 09:28 AM
Look out Sox Army. Looks like the Scrubs Coast Guard is mobilizing. Let's get those votes in.