PDA

View Full Version : Hawkins and Izzy BLOW it

Chisox_cali
08-14-2001, 09:26 PM
7-4 twinks Hawkins gives up a 3 run inn
6-3 A's Izzy gives up a double and a 3-run walk off HR i think thats his 8th BlSv

Bmr31
08-14-2001, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
6-3 A's Izzy gives up a double and a 3-run walk off HR i think thats his 8th BlSv

thank god i didnt mention these two chumps, when i listed who is better than keith...... :)

FarWestChicago
08-14-2001, 09:28 PM

Izzy is one scary guy. The one thing the A's don't have is a reliable closer. I hope this doesn't start another war. :)

FarWestChicago
08-14-2001, 09:29 PM
thank god i didnt mention these two chumps, when i listed who is better than keith......

Please, you would have been forfeiting the argument if you had done that, LOL!

Bmr31
08-14-2001, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago

Please, you would have been forfeiting the argument if you had done that, LOL!

NO KIDDING!!! :)

PutItOnTheBoard
08-14-2001, 10:27 PM
Izzy is one scary guy. The one thing the A's don't have is a reliable closer.

You are so right. I bear the pain of having that loser on my fantasy squad. As someone who has watched him pitch-by-pitch many times on gamecast this year (yes, I am a complete and total nerd), I can tell you that he never goes 1-2-3. He may have a solid save total, but he NEVER makes it easy. He's always got baserunners out there. There is no way in hell Oakland will resign him after this year, but I guess they figured they couldn't get rid of him at the deadline because they still had a shot at the playoffs.

FarWestChicago
08-14-2001, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by PutItOnTheBoard

You are so right. I bear the pain of having that loser on my fantasy squad. As someone who has watched him pitch-by-pitch many times on gamecast this year (yes, I am a complete and total nerd), I can tell you that he never goes 1-2-3. He may have a solid save total, but he NEVER makes it easy. He's always got baserunners out there. There is no way in hell Oakland will resign him after this year, but I guess they figured they couldn't get rid of him at the deadline because they still had a shot at the playoffs.

They occasionally demote him from the closer role. But, he always ends up back there. My right hand guy at work is a huge A's fan. I think Izzy is causing him to age prematurely, LOL!

Bmr31
08-14-2001, 10:35 PM

They occasionally demote him from the closer role. But, he always ends up back there. My right hand guy at work is a huge A's fan. I think Izzy is causing him to age prematurely, LOL!

Maybe someone can help me out here. West, considering you live out there, maybe you can shed some light on this....Why the hell did the A's trade for him and make him their closer?? Hes never been successful, at the big league level.

FarWestChicago
08-14-2001, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31

Maybe someone can help me out here. West, considering you live out there, maybe you can shed some light on this....Why the hell did the A's trade for him and make him their closer?? Hes never been successful, at the big league level.

He's got great stuff. His curve ball is frightening when it works. I think they thought they could get one inning out of him at a time. Even Billy Beane isn't perfect.

Bmr31
08-14-2001, 10:38 PM

He's got great stuff. His curve ball is frightening when it works. I think they thought they could get one inning out of him at a time. Even Billy Beane isn't perfect.

ok thanks. I was curious.....

OutcastRadio
08-14-2001, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Hawkins had 2 outs and nobody on and gave it up.....Lofton single, Vizquel double, Alomar single, stole second, stole third, Gonzalez double.

FarWestChicago
08-14-2001, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Outcast Radio

Hawkins had 2 outs and nobody on and gave it up.....Lofton single, Vizquel double, Alomar single, stole second, stole third, Gonzalez double.

Classic Hawkins. He ain't no Eck.

Bmr31
08-14-2001, 11:53 PM

Classic Hawkins. He ain't no Eck.

Hey west, if you made these comments on the A's board, youd be HAMMERED,lol :)

Bmr31
08-14-2001, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31

Hey west, if you made these comments on the A's board, youd be HAMMERED,lol :)

sorry, i meant the comments about izzy

chisoxfanatic
08-15-2001, 03:15 AM
Well, wouldn't it be great if Izzy blew it big this weekend!

Heather the Redbird

Joel Perez
08-15-2001, 12:22 PM
Why do I have a bad feeling that the A's and the Twins will call us after the offseason to discuss trade possibilities on Bobby Howry, Keith Foulke and Dan Wright?

Bmr31
08-15-2001, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Joel Perez
Why do I have a bad feeling that the A's and the Twins will call us after the offseason to discuss trade possibilities on Bobby Howry, Keith Foulke and Dan Wright?

they can have howry, if they really want him....

Paulwny
08-15-2001, 01:58 PM
Agree, Howry is tradeable.