PDA

View Full Version : According to WSCR am 670 Exec Producer Matt Abbatacola...

Hangar18
02-26-2003, 09:11 AM
Said that Wscr gives Equal (=) coverage to the SOX and Cubs.
Said they move George Offtman between camps for equal coverage. I told him that I believe the show they run in the morning (the Cub Morning Show) is totally cub based. I told him I disagreed with him. Feel Free to email those bozos at:

fredmurph670@hotmail.com

hes reading my email now......

Hangar18
02-26-2003, 09:26 AM
read my email out loud on the air a few mins ago. he tried to make me look like a jerk by saying what did I think was the biggest story in Chicago ? he conveniently left out my asking why he wasnt talking about Minoso and the other story in Chicago. I dont think I like him anymore

FanOf14
02-26-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
read my email out loud on the air a few mins ago. he tried to make me look like a jerk by saying what did I think was the biggest story in Chicago ? he conveniently left out my asking why he wasnt talking about Minoso and the other story in Chicago. I dont think I like him anymore

So he is saying the scrubs and santo are the biggest stories in sports Chicago? Um, me thinks this gentleman needs to open his eyes and ears and re-check this thought...

upnorthsox
02-26-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by FanOf14
So he is saying the scrubs and santo are the biggest stories in sports Chicago? Um, me thinks this gentleman needs to open his eyes and ears and re-check this thought...

Yes, that story is actually little Darren Baker and his neverending quest to be reinstated as a Scrub batboy. Sheeesh. :smile:

Hangar18
02-26-2003, 10:05 AM
This is Good. the people at WSCR want to visit this site, to see what the Sox Fans Feel about them and the Sox in general....

FanOf14
02-26-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
This is Good. the people at WSCR want to visit this site, to see what the Sox Fans Feel about them and the Sox in general....

Hope they have thick skin. lol

wulfy
02-26-2003, 11:51 AM
I can't listen to the Score anymore .... Boers and Bernstein are okay, but the drive time shows are an embarrasment to the 3rd largest media market. Every bad stereotype about Chicago is personified in those two shows.

M, J, H on ESPN Radio is the best thing going, IMHO.

Cheryl
02-26-2003, 01:04 PM
Good, I hope they see this. I don't listen to sports radio. Not that I'm against or above wasting brain cells, but that's losing too many at one time.

WhiteSoxWinner
02-27-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by wulfy
I can't listen to the Score anymore .... Boers and Bernstein are okay, but the drive time shows are an embarrasment to the 3rd largest media market. Every bad stereotype about Chicago is personified in those two shows.

M, J, H on ESPN Radio is the best thing going, IMHO.

I completely agree. When the Score moved B&B to that noon slot, they lost me as a listener. Murph & Fred are tools who only talk about the Scrubs, and North and Buffone are imbeciles who only talk about the Bears. Ever Listen to Buffone try to stumble through the Brian Sutter Show? It is pathetic.

Hangar18
02-27-2003, 08:40 AM
I think the morning guys at The Score know most sox fans are on to them. Murph apologized for the tone the show had yesterday am (apparently a bunch of Sox Fans called in and started Ripping Santo, Cub Fans, Santo Self Promotion Campaign etc). He should look in the mirror. Show turned out that way, because he set it up to happen that way. I would be very impressed if they changed their ways and actually became Equal to the Sox. He sounded somewhat remorseful, so Lets see what happens.

duke of dorwood
02-27-2003, 10:12 AM
You guys are finally catching on to 670. It took me a while-now I dont even think of turning it on.

Dick Allen
02-27-2003, 04:52 PM
Murphy apologized for yesterday's show, yet most of his shows are pretty much like that, and the one common thread in all of his shows, as we know, is his obnoxious Cub bias. As was said above, he reaps what he sows.

RKMeibalane
02-27-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Dick Allen
Murphy apologized for yesterday's show, yet most of his shows are pretty much like that, and the one common thread in all of his shows, as we know, is his obnoxious Cub bias. As was said above, he reaps what he sows.

Agreed. He can't have it both ways. If radio talkshow hosts want to push the Cubs over the Sox, then they should be prepared to get criticized. It's that simple. I don't see why Murphy, or others for that matter, have trouble understanding this.

kevingrt
02-28-2003, 10:45 AM
The only real host that gives equal times to both teams is J. Hood. He even has a segment called "Equal Time" so both fans can vent equally. Murph and Fred do talk about the Flubs more then the Southsiders.

By the way, Boers and Bernsy rip each team equally thought I should point that out!

Hangar18
02-28-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by kevingrt
The only real host that gives equal times to both teams is J. Hood. He even has a segment called "Equal Time" so both fans can vent equally. Murph and Fred do talk about the Flubs more then the Southsiders.

By the way, Boers and Bernsy rip each team equally thought I should point that out!

This is true. he does a very good job with that too, and hes supposedly a sox fan.