PDA

View Full Version : Olivo and Ginter sent to Charlotte

moochpuppy
02-26-2003, 10:01 AM
I just read this on my CBS Sportsline fantasy league page but could not find a link to a story anywhere. Has anyone else seen this?

Juan Pizarro
02-26-2003, 10:25 AM
Sounds apocryphal.

TimChamp
02-26-2003, 10:26 AM
Found this on ESPN.com, here's the link of recent transactions...I'm sure it's a mistake since it still has Rocky Biddle and Brian Simmons as part of the transactions...And we all know that they aren't even on the team anymore...must have been the same date as last year, who knows... :?:

Transactions from ESPN.com (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teamtransactions?team=chw)

Champ out...

FanOf14
02-26-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by TimChamp
Found this on ESPN.com, here's the link of recent transactions...I'm sure it's a mistake since it still has Rocky Biddle and Brian Simmons as part of the transactions...And we all know that they aren't even on the team anymore...must have been the same date as last year, who knows... :?:

Transactions from ESPN.com (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teamtransactions?team=chw)

Champ out...

I am positive it's an error - they call Joe Crede a catcher in the same article.

Juan Pizarro
02-26-2003, 10:32 AM
Sounds apocryphal.

FanOf14
02-26-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Juan Pizarro
Sounds apocryphal.

WooHoo - a new word for me to use - thanks! :)

jeremyb1
02-26-2003, 06:26 PM
even if ginter and olivo are cut they'd be the last players to be cut. they woudln't be sent down before honel. obviously this isn't accurate.

Pete_SSAC
02-26-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
even if ginter and olivo are cut they'd be the last players to be cut. they woudln't be sent down before honel. obviously this isn't accurate.

Not to mention it's pretty much agiven that Olivo IS your catcher.

- Pete

Foulke You
02-26-2003, 06:53 PM
I can't see anyone getting assigned anywhere yet. We haven't even started any pre season games. I'd say that article is false or out of date.

TimChamp
02-26-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
I can't see anyone getting assigned anywhere yet. We haven't even started any pre season games. I'd say that article is false or out of date.

It is DEFINITELY out of date...it probably happened on February 25, 2002!

I mean, Biddle and Simmons is STILL on the team according to that transaction, which obviously, they are not... :o:

Champ out...

thecell
02-27-2003, 10:12 AM
Ginter is scheduled to pitch in today's intrasquad game. The article's obviously a mistake.