PDA

View Full Version : More war of words

moochpuppy
02-26-2003, 09:51 AM
Smack down Central (http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/6212068)

The Twins just can't seem to drop this. The Sox have obviously gotten into their heads.

ma-gaga
02-26-2003, 10:00 AM
See, the high road is a fairly comfortable place for the Twins to stay because, over the past two seasons, they've housebroken the White Sox as readily as you've trained your Labrador Retriever

ouch...

The Oakland A's don't really like the Twins either. Apparently Pierzynski endeared himself to Barry Zito as well.

Should be a fun year.

:)

moochpuppy
02-26-2003, 10:03 AM
See, the high road is a fairly comfortable place for the Twins to stay because, over the past two seasons, they've housebroken the White Sox as readily as you've trained your Labrador Retriever

But just like any animal, wild or domestic, it can turn and bite you in the ass at any given moment.

I can't wait till April 25th!

FanOf14
02-26-2003, 10:04 AM
I'd love to see a brawl between any team and the Twins. I have a feeling they'd get their butts handed to them.

34 Inch Stick
02-26-2003, 10:21 AM
If Rob Gallas had any business sense he would fan these flames to the point of a forest fire. Good rivalries=more tickets sold.

Iguana775
02-26-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
But just like any animal, wild or domestic, it can turn and bite you in the ass at any given moment.

I can't wait till April 25th!

Me neither!! That's my b-day. :-D

fhqwhgads
02-26-2003, 11:38 AM
I'd love to see a brawl between any team and the Twins. I have a feeling they'd get their butts handed to them.

Couldn't agree more. If the Twins get tired of handing other teams their butts during the games, it would be nice to see them whoop someone in a fight. :D:

Seriously, though. The Twins can manage to injure themselves in a team-only hogpile easily enough (see Denny Hocking). They don't need anyone else's help.

GO TWINS!

soxruleEP
02-26-2003, 01:28 PM
All these stories rehas the same set of quaotes from a week or more ago. It is the reporters and columnists who are fanning the flames here because it creates interest.

besides, if they can write about crap like this, it means they don't have to actually write about baseball and reveal their ignorance.

Twins8791
02-27-2003, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads

GO TWINS!

Listen, Bub. We don't put up with any Twins celebrations around here! Watch your step!
:smile:

doublem23
02-27-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Twins8791
Listen, Bub. We don't put up with any Twins celebrations around here! Watch your step!
:smile:

LOL... That's pretty good... for a Twin fan. :D:

Seriously, didn't I write something about the fact that the White Sox (and Twins) should be working more dilligently on fermenting a solid rivalry? All the pieces are in place for one, and I think a hardcore rival is what this team and its fans need. I forget.

I'm really looking forward to '03. It should be a fun, fun year.

fhqwhgads
02-27-2003, 01:55 PM
Seriously, didn't I write something about the fact that the White Sox (and Twins) should be working more dilligently on fermenting a solid rivalry? All the pieces are in place for one, and I think a hardcore rival is what this team and its fans need.[/B]

Let's get a head start here on WSI, then.

Frank Thomas' mother wears combat boots!

Try to top that! :D:

GO TWINS!

upnorthsox
02-27-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads
Let's get a head start here on WSI, then.

[B]Frank Thomas' mother wears combat boots!

Try to top that! :D:

Frank Thomas' mother is a Twins fan???

Sad day indeed.

Foulke You
02-27-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14

They'd get smoked in a fight. Especially "brave" little Torii. I remember when Bob Howry beaned him last year in retaliation for that homerun trash talk parade in front of the Sox dugout. He didn't start jawing at Howry until he had all his teammates around him "holding him back" from Howry.

As far as the media goes, there are plenty of new quotes to fan the flames. From Tuesday's Sun-Times:

"I think the White Sox are scared of us."

-Latroy Hawkins

I have tickets to the Saturday game vs the Twinks at Comiskey for the first series in April. Should be a doozy!!

chunk
02-27-2003, 03:20 PM
fhqwhgads, atleast you're a strong bad fan.

moochpuppy
02-27-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
They'd get smoked in a fight.

Just send Randar out there after them. :)

fhqwhgads
02-27-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by chunk
fhqwhgads, atleast you're a strong bad fan.

Bwa-ha-ha! And the Trogdor (http://homestarrunner.com/sbemail58.html) smote the White Sox, and all was laid to burnination!

GO TWINS!

RKMeibalane
02-27-2003, 08:25 PM
Ron Gardenhire dates farm animals. So there!