PDA

View Full Version : Jon Adkins --

OKCSoxFan
02-25-2003, 09:04 PM
Think he'll go to Double A or Triple A this year? Not giving him much of a chance to make the big squad, but I've got a vested interest in this one. Went to school together at Oklahoma State and I watched as you guys beat the crap out of him after the trade sending Ray Ray to Oakland. It'd be great to see him on the mound at Comiskey, but I just don't think it'll happen.

OEO Magglio
02-25-2003, 09:09 PM
To start the season, he pretty much has no chance to make the team, he'll end up starting the year in aaa.

Daver
02-25-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
To start the season, he pretty much has no chance to make the team, he'll end up starting the year in aaa.

Unless he can work with Kirk Champion to develop some better control he may stay in Charlotte for a long time....

OKCSoxFan
02-25-2003, 09:48 PM
Believe it or not, the guy was a stud his freshman year, leading the Cowboys to the CWS. Hurt his arm after that and has never been much since.

gosox41
02-26-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by OKCSoxFan
Believe it or not, the guy was a stud his freshman year, leading the Cowboys to the CWS. Hurt his arm after that and has never been much since.

Which is why KW traded for him.

:KW

You mean I could trade one of the best offensive second basemen in the AL for a 24 year old AAA pitcher with shoulder problems and a 6.00 ERA? What a steal for us. Maybe I should throw Mags in their to even things out.

Bob