PDA

View Full Version : SF signs Barcelo

Vsahajpal
02-25-2003, 07:40 PM
Lorenzo, Foulke, Howry, Simas, Caruso, Christensen...can we close the book on the WFT?

Daver
02-25-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
Lorenzo, Foulke, Howry, Simas, Caruso, Christensen...can we close the book on the WFT?

I closed that book two years ago Vic.

:)

LuvSox
02-25-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
Lorenzo, Foulke, Howry, Simas, Caruso, Christensen...can we close the book on the WFT? I guess it didn't really work out so well after all.

kermittheefrog
02-25-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
I guess it didn't really work out so well after all.

Foulke was more valuable since the deal than the all the guys we sent away combined. I'd say it worked out ok. The 2000 96-win bullpen was driven by guys from that trade.

Vic: By the way Simas and Christensen we're involved in that trade. They were both acquired from the Angels when we sent them Jim Abbott. A little research shows we also got John Snyder and Andrew Lorraine in that deal. We also sent the Angels Tim Fortugno.

TheBigHurt
02-25-2003, 08:57 PM
i always like Barcelo......just never lived up to his expectations i wish him succes in San Fran

Vsahajpal
02-25-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Foulke was more valuable since the deal than the all the guys we sent away combined. I'd say it worked out ok. The 2000 96-win bullpen was driven by guys from that trade.

Vic: By the way Simas and Christensen we're involved in that trade. They were both acquired from the Angels when we sent them Jim Abbott. A little research shows we also got John Snyder and Andrew Lorraine in that deal. We also sent the Angels Tim Fortugno.

My bad, thanks KTF

kermittheefrog
02-25-2003, 09:31 PM
For anyone wondering the guys in the White Flag trade not listed here are outfielder Brian Manning and lefty Ken Vining.

Brian26
02-25-2003, 10:53 PM
Funny that Roberto is still hanging in the big leagues.

Foulke, Howry, Barcello, Caruso, Vining, and Manning for Darwin, Alvarez, and Robo.

Turns out it's almost Koch for Robo at this point.

T Dog
02-25-2003, 11:49 PM
I like Lorenzo and wish him all the best. I'm glad to see someone is still willing to give him a chance.

jeremyb1
02-26-2003, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by T Dog
I like Lorenzo and wish him all the best. I'm glad to see someone is still willing to give him a chance.

its always sad to see the end (in our organization) for someone you had such high hopes for. if only he could've stayed healthy, he really would've been something special. i wish him all the best in san fran.

pudge
02-26-2003, 02:37 PM
If Koch tosses the final pitch of the 2003, 2004 or 2005 World Series, I will praise the white flag for the rest of my life. (That is, assuming that final pitch isn't a homer for the other team.)

hold2dibber
02-26-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

Does anyone know where Simas is now? IIRC, he was with Charlotte at the end of last year and actually did relatively well. Did he sign elsewhere as a minor league FA this offseason or is still with the Sox' organization?

czalgosz
02-26-2003, 03:31 PM
Last I heard he had failed in a bid to make Detroit's bullpen in 2002 and was back in the Sox organization. He actually pitched decently for the Knights last year (3.60 ERA, 8 BB, 22 Ks in 40 IP) but that doesn't always translate very well to the bigs. I heard that his velocity hasn't been the same since surgery, and he's not expected to really come back.

kermittheefrog
02-26-2003, 03:55 PM
I don't think Bill Simas has signed on with anyone this offseason.