PDA

View Full Version : Sox Prospect Capsules from ProspectReport.com

joecrede
02-25-2003, 06:02 PM
Yet another prospect review (http://www.prospectreport.com/teams/cws.shtm) Here's the summary:

"The White Sox have developed some fine players in recent years who are just beginning to make names for themselves - many in other organizations. The Minor League cupboard looks relatively barren this year as it lacks depth. Chicago's top four prospects are of high quality, but the list is rounded out by a fifth round 2002 draft pick, a possible utility man or light-hitting second baseman and a risky rookie league shortstop. Royce Ring, Pedro Lopez, Corwin Malone, Daniel Haigwood, Brian Miller, Jeremy Reed and Brandon McCarthy are all players to watch next season."

SoxxoS
02-25-2003, 06:10 PM
I would have to think Honel has #1 starter potential, considering he is one of the best pitching prospects in the minors, not 2nd or 3rd starter potential.

Daver
02-25-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
I would have to think Honel has #1 starter potential, considering he is one of the best pitching prospects in the minors, not 2nd or 3rd starter potential.

I found a lot of things in there that I disagree with,but as a whole it is not a lot different than what any other minor league analyst would do.