PDA

View Full Version : Any Last Minute Additions?

FarmerAndy
02-25-2003, 03:31 PM
Kenny Rogers and Chuck Finley still haven't been picked up by anybody. We're well into spring training and the exhibition games start this Friday already. I can't imagine that at this point either of these guys have much bargaining leverage. I'd think that by now we could get one of these guys, preferably Rogers, rather cheap.

ScottyTheSoxFan
02-25-2003, 03:36 PM
i dont think we need either of them.

upnorthsox
02-25-2003, 03:37 PM
With it now looking like Sele isn't going to be back til June I'd be looking for a Finley signing by the Angels soon.

Rogers is hoping someone comes up with an injury that'll suddenly make him attractive, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were him.

jeremyb1
02-25-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by upnorthsox
With it now looking like Sele isn't going to be back til June I'd be looking for a Finley signing by the Angels soon.

Rogers is hoping someone comes up with an injury that'll suddenly make him attractive, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were him.

yeah. boras has done a great job with rogers. his value is clearly higher now than it was when the rangers offered him 5 million a year or when we offered him an incentive based deal a few weeks back. i'm really starting to believe he won't be on a major league roster when the season begins.

hose
02-25-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
yeah. boras has done a great job with rogers. his value is clearly higher now than it was when the rangers offered him 5 million a year or when we offered him an incentive based deal a few weeks back. i'm really starting to believe he won't be on a major league roster when the season begins.

Isn't it great to think that Boras is squirming waiting for the phone to ring .

czalgosz
02-25-2003, 07:35 PM
My bet is there will be at least one collusion lawsuit out of this offseason - I wouldn't be surprised if Boras spearheads that particular effort and makes Rogers exhibit A.

That's not to say he'll win, but he certainly will do that before admitting that he's working against his client's interests...

Daver
02-25-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
My bet is there will be at least one collusion lawsuit out of this offseason - I wouldn't be surprised if Boras spearheads that particular effort and makes Rogers exhibit A.

That's not to say he'll win, but he certainly will do that before admitting that he's working against his client's interests...

Let him file,he has zero chance of winning.

Lip Man 1
02-25-2003, 09:34 PM
The last that I saw Finley was expected to retire. The Cardinals can not sign him until May 1st and the Angels were not willing to pay Chuck the 2 to 3 million he wanted.

Haven't seen a thing on Rogers. (and yes I still think the Sox could use him...)

Lip