PDA

View Full Version : Armando Rios

FarmerAndy
02-25-2003, 03:26 PM
I don't know whether or not this has been brought up before, but I've heard that when this guy was with the Giants his teammates weren't to fond of him. Rumor has it that he is kind of a jerk.

Has anybody heard anything similar? Just curious whether or not there is any truth to this. I'm not one of those "team chemistry" preachers, but if any of this is true I can't help but wonder if we wouldn't be better off with Kenny Lofton on the bench.

czalgosz
02-25-2003, 03:29 PM
I live in San Fran, and I never heard anything like that. The fans didn't like him, but that's because he wasn't productive.

LuvSox
02-25-2003, 03:29 PM
Hopefully someone will step up and tell him to be cool

baggio202
02-25-2003, 03:52 PM
when we signed him i went to the giants.com board and asked about him..most fans didnt care about him either way ....a couple of fans said he was a clubhouse cancer...one related an incident where rios got in a guys face becasue he didnt score from 2nd base on a rios base hit and that cost him an RBI...one thing they all agreed one..he aint very good

czalgosz
02-25-2003, 04:04 PM
Well, Rios was an everyday outfielder for the Giants, so I can understand their frustration. But as a fourth outfielder/pinch hitter, he'll do fine.