PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Twinkie Trash Talkers


DrCrawdad
02-25-2003, 07:43 AM
Ron Gardenhire

LaTroy Hawkins, "You can't win a game in the papers,'' Twins reliever LaTroy Hawkins was quoted as saying in Monday's Minneapolis Star Tribune. "The last two years, we've pretty much showed [the Sox] that we're the ones who should be talking trash, but we're not. We're going to take care of the Twins; we're not going to worry about the White Sox.

Tony Fiore, "It's hard to like them because they're always yapping. There are some guys who don't yap, but that's their reputation. They have to shut that down."

Unidentified Twinkie, "That was a bunch of bull," said one member of the Twins, who asked not to be identified. "Koch gets traded and starts popping off. What's that all about? Here's a guy who is with his third team in three years. That probably tells you something about him."

Mienkiewicz, "We have 25 players in the club who get along and we play as a team," he said. "The White Sox have proved they don't have what we have."

That's just from today's Sun-Times and Tribune. If you remember any other Twinkie Trash Talkers, please add them to the list.

Fisk Fan
02-25-2003, 08:11 AM
I don't remember the White Sox "always yapping" like Tony Fiore said. The only thing I have heard from the Sox players is how the Twins are the team to beat and they are the favorites, etc. BTW, didn't Billy Koch save 44 games last year? I think the unidentified Twin is asking for a little chin-music, but too afraid to say his name. If you want to talk some trash, at least have the balls to leave your name. I think the little Twinkie is scared of Koch and does not want to get flattened!

moochpuppy
02-25-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Here's a guy who is with his third team in three years. That probably tells you something about him."



It tells me that he is a highly regarded closer that teams want on their roster. 144 saves in his first four seasons? I'll take that.

Badass is spelled K-O-C-H. :smile:

DrCrawdad
02-25-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Fisk Fan
I don't remember the White Sox "always yapping" like Tony Fiore said. The only thing I have heard from the Sox players is how the Twins are the team to beat and they are the favorites, etc. BTW, didn't Billy Koch save 44 games last year? I think the unidentified Twin is asking for a little chin-music, but too afraid to say his name. If you want to talk some trash, at least have the balls to leave your name. I think the little Twinkie is scared of Koch and does not want to get flattened!

Foulke, Howry, Durham and someone else did some yapping last year, but in case the Twins have forgotten all those players are gone from the Sox.

Pete_SSAC
02-25-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
LaTroy Hawkins, "You can't win a game in the papers,'' Twins reliever LaTroy Hawkins was quoted as saying in Monday's Minneapolis Star Tribune. "The last two years, we've pretty much showed [the Sox] that we're the ones who should be talking trash, but we're not. We're going to take care of the Twins; we're not going to worry about the White Sox.


Hmmm.. and after reading what your teamates have said....

LaTroy Hawkins, who are you crappin'?

- Pete

MetalliSox
02-25-2003, 01:46 PM
In 2001, Twins flat out kicked our butt, 4-15.

But last year, didn't they just beat us 9-10? Thats a big improvement. I can't actually say they kicked our butt last year but they beat us.
And even though in 2001, the whooped on us, they still didn't win the division. There only high note that season was beating up on a beaten down team. Gimme a break.

WinningUgly!
02-25-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
That's just from today's Sun-Times and Tribune. If you remember any other Twinkie Trash Talkers, please add them to the list.

Carl Pohlad on expectations for his Twins this season: "You take player by player and compare them with Chicago and Cleveland, and we look pretty good."

Pete_SSAC
02-25-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Carl Pohlad on expectations for his Twins this season: "You take player by player and compare them with Chicago and Cleveland, and we look pretty good."

QUICK! Contact the govenment and tell them that there is now a Twins form of Cubbie Crack.

How many lives must be wrecked by senseless drug use?

- Pete

WinningUgly!
02-25-2003, 01:57 PM
Here are a few more...

LaTroy Hawkins: "I come from a place where guys pop off all the time," Hawkins said. "I don't like to pop off. To me, it means you're showing fear of the other person. There's no need for us to pop off, because they're not kicking our butts."

Hawkins on Koch: "We beat his butt in the playoffs last year, and he still wants to pop off," Hawkins said. "When is he going to shut up?

RKMeibalane
02-25-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Here are a few more...

LaTroy Hawkins: "I come from a place where guys pop off all the time," Hawkins said. "I don't like to pop off. To me, it means you're showing fear of the other person. There's no need for us to pop off, because they're not kicking our butts."

Hawkins on Koch: "We beat his butt in the playoffs last year, and he still wants to pop off," Hawkins said. "When is he going to shut up?

This is hilarious. Hawkins repeatedly states that Koch has been running his mouth, but it is Hawkins who can't seem to keep quiet. If there were no Cubs, the Twins would be the most annoying team in Major League Baseball.