Beltran CF
Thomas DH
Mags RF
Konerko 1B
Lee LF
Crede 3B
Hummel / Harris 2B
Oliva C

Are you suggesting this or did it actually happen??

VeeckAsInWreck
02-25-2003, 01:16 AM
Which Yahoo fantasy baseball league did this happen in? :?:

Bmr31
02-25-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Notsososox
Sox send two mid level prospect arms to the BoSox for Hillenbrand
(Diaz, Josh Stewart, Corwin, Almonte)

Send Hillenbrand & D'Angelo to the Royals for Beltran

Though lacking a true lead off hitter, quite an offensive unit:

Valentin SS
Beltran CF
Thomas DH
Mags RF
Konerko 1B
Lee LF
Crede 3B
Hummel / Harris 2B
Oliva C

Uhhh, the only time a deal like that happens, is in fantasy baseball. I might send you my sister(only for baseball, lol), for those two stiffs. Beltran? Thats funny.

hold2dibber
02-25-2003, 09:36 AM
(Diaz, Josh Stewart, Corwin, Almonte)

Though lacking a true lead off hitter, quite an offensive unit:

Valentin SS
Beltran CF
Thomas DH
Mags RF
Konerko 1B
Lee LF
Crede 3B
Hummel / Harris 2B
Oliva C

I don't think this is as far fetched as others do. The Royals want "long term" solutions at 3B and 2B for Beltran. Hillenbrand and Jimenez might fit that definition. I think the Sox would have to add Rowand as well. The problem is that it would leave the Sox with a tremendous hole at 2B (I'm sorry, but Willie Harris is nowhere NEAR ready to play everyday) and in the leadoff slot. Plus, Beltran's agent is Boras, so he wouldn't be here for long. But it's an interesting idea.

moochpuppy
02-25-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Plus, Beltran's agent is Boras, so he wouldn't be here for long. But it's an interesting idea.

I believe Beltran is signed through the 2004 season.

czalgosz
02-25-2003, 12:07 PM
I don't think the Royals would trade Beltran to another AL Central team, but it's an interesting idea. Actually a doable trade for both teams in terms of talent given up.

I know people around here don't like to think beyond this season, however, but it would weaken the team in the long run, however. The Sox would be scrambling to find a shortstop for even next season, and would be right back to where they started in center for 2005.

T Dog
02-25-2003, 01:06 PM
(Diaz, Josh Stewart, Corwin , Almonte)

Are you on a first name basis with Malone, or are you an AP photographer?

Pete_SSAC
02-25-2003, 01:09 PM
*cough*BS*cough*

At least, I hope it is, because that is absoutly ridculous, I STILL don't get how badly soem of you want Beltran instead of Rowand. He might be a good player and all, but still, give Rowand a freakin' chance and don't trade away some of that young pitching, I think there's better players to spend it on.

- Pete

czalgosz
02-25-2003, 01:14 PM
Oh, come on, Beltran is an outstanding ballplayer; probably better than either Damon or Dye, and with all apologies to Mike Sweeney, the best all-around player the Royals organization has produced in years. You can't even compare Rowand to him.

If I thought the Sox had any reasonable chance of locking him up to a long-term deal, I'd totally advocate going for him.

Pete_SSAC
02-25-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
Oh, come on, Beltran is an outstanding ballplayer; probably better than either Damon or Dye, and with all apologies to Mike Sweeney, the best all-around player the Royals organization has produced in years. You can't even compare Rowand to him.

If I thought the Sox had any reasonable chance of locking him up to a long-term deal, I'd totally advocate going for him.

Not saying that he isn't a great player, but, you have to look at it if it's really worth the cost of him.

I know he's better than Rowand, however, is the differance in talent worth the amount of talent that we would give up to get him?

- Pete

czalgosz
02-25-2003, 01:24 PM
It would be if I thought he would still be in a Sox uniform in 2005, but he probably wouldn't be, so I'll agree.

Personally, I'd like to see if Borchard can handle the position for the long term. Even if not, I'd like to see where the Sox are come June or July before making any more big moves.

Pete_SSAC
02-25-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
It would be if I thought he would still be in a Sox uniform in 2005, but he probably wouldn't be, so I'll agree.

Personally, I'd like to see if Borchard can handle the position for the long term. Even if not, I'd like to see where the Sox are come June or July before making any more big moves.

Well, I just posted a link to the offical site to an article about how it's not Borchard time yet.

And I do agree about no major deals until about mid-season, and make them where needed.

- Pete

DrCrawdad
02-26-2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by georgesltd56
...HUGE 20 inches...

Georgeltd56, are you a Cubbie fan?

I know you are a...

:troll

bc2k
02-26-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Georgeltd56, are you a Cubbie fan?