PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day

MaggPipes
02-24-2003, 10:07 PM
I am going to opening day in KC and am going to miss the day of school....I wonder who will be throwing? Hopefully it won't matter as we put 10 runs up with a couple of Big Frank blasts...I can see the post here now...... Thomas on pace to hit 324 Hr's....that is a post here....not in an article....Tribune Article title:Sosa almost hit two HR's but struck out both times with the baggs loaded, in other News Thomas whines about not hitting third home-run

MarkEdward
02-24-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by MaggPipes
I am going to opening day in KC and am going to miss the day of school....I wonder who will be throwing? Hopefully it won't matter as we put 10 runs up with a couple of Big Frank blasts...I can see the post here now...... Thomas on pace to hit 324 Hr's....that is a post here....not in an article....Tribune Article title:Sosa almost hit two HR's but struck out both times with the baggs loaded, in other News Thomas whines about not hitting third home-run

I'm not going to Opening Day, but I'll probably be at the Wednesday and Thursday games. I hope to see the Negro League Museum and get some BBQ when I'm down there too.

dllrbll7
02-24-2003, 10:48 PM

I think you have combined about 2 or 3 previous posts into one here with the opening day starter plus the newspaper bias. But on the starting pitcher i am going to go with Colon just because hes the new guy and the pressure wont bother him at all even though it is in KC and there probably wont be much pressure. I do think that Buerhle could handle the pressure anyday and even in the world series which i hope we will be able to figure that out this year.

TheBigHurt
02-24-2003, 11:10 PM
MarkEdward........hey man how is working for retrosheet going? If you didn't get a raise yet tell them to talk to me.........................

BE GOOD

fuzzy_patters
02-24-2003, 11:18 PM

I read somewhere that Ryvaldis Hernandez might start opening day for KC. Since the Sox tend to not hit very well against young pitchers who suck, I find that pretty scary.

bc2k
02-25-2003, 12:16 AM
I'll be there April 4th as well. This will be my fourth consecutive opening day at Comiskey. Guess I'm going to sit in the bleachers all summer since they are the cheapest tickets on the lower bowl.

Reminder to everyone that single game tickets go on sale Saturday March 8th.

God Bless America.

At opening day, could we not clap, cheer, and whistle during the National Anthem? Don't cut it off, wait till it's finished.

Bmr31
02-25-2003, 12:24 AM
:gulp: Originally posted by fuzzy_patters
I read somewhere that Ryvaldis Hernandez might start opening day for KC. Since the Sox tend to not hit very well against young pitchers who suck, I find that pretty scary.

LOL!!! I wouldnt worry TOO much..... :gulp:

Hangar18
02-25-2003, 03:56 PM
Hey Maggpipes....Make sure you take a sign or something that says "Sox Fan From Nebraska". Those are always good TV Shots.

kevingrt
02-25-2003, 05:08 PM
Remember that guy last year on Kansas City that had like 30 balls in a row, that was HILARIOUS!

Then the next time we faced him we only got like 3 runs! We SUCKED :angry: