PDA

View Full Version : Let the rivalry begin!

moochpuppy
02-24-2003, 03:27 PM
Phil on the Sox and Twins new heated rivalry (http://msn.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/rogers_phil/1512817.html)

Nineteen games between these two. I love it!

moochpuppy
02-24-2003, 03:36 PM
The Colon acquisition gave the White Sox the majors' only collection of four starters coming off seasons in which they threw 190-plus innings over at least 30 starts.

You knew this had to make it in there somewhere. :D:

Lip Man 1
02-24-2003, 03:42 PM
Rogers quote: "In recent years, the Twins' lineup has been stocked with players, the White Sox's with hitters .

and THAT's the reason the Twins have been a better team! "It's Time," for the Sox to wake up and realize you can't win much scoring seven runs a game while giving up eight because of bad fundamentals, base running and defense.

Lip

hose
02-24-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Rogers quote: "In recent years, the Twins' lineup has been stocked with players, the White Sox's with hitters .

and THAT's the reason the Twins have been a better team! "It's Time," for the Sox to wake up and realize you can't win much scoring seven runs a game while giving up eight because of bad fundamentals, base running and defense.

Lip

Absolutely!!!!!!!!

There is no reason the White Sox cannot excel at all parts of the game.

bighurt93
02-24-2003, 07:38 PM
What is even better is that I am going to attend college at UW River Falls, A mere 30 minutes from the hump dome, hopefully I can gather enough funds to represent the south side in twin country........9 times

czalgosz
02-24-2003, 08:00 PM
Well, it should be interesting, to say the least.

On paper, the Sox and Twins finished in a dead heat last season (pythagorean W-L of 86-75 for the Twins, 86-76 for the Sox), so you can forget that 13 1/2 game lead when looking at this season.

The Twins do have a lot going for them - Mays was out, Radke was on-and-off, and Milton was disappointing, and they still won.
If they get good performances out of those three, it will be very difficult (not to say impossible) for the Sox to beat them this year.

They don't play the games on paper, as Lip would say, but I wouldn't want to bet on either team this year...

dllrbll7
02-24-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by bighurt93
What is even better is that I am going to attend college at UW River Falls, A mere 30 minutes from the hump dome, hopefully I can gather enough funds to represent the south side in twin country........9 times

I may be wrong but i believe you dont need anywhere close to the amount of funds to go to a game at the metrodome then at "the cell". They i believe also have $1 hotdog night which may make a trip up there even more worthwhile.

Twins8791
02-24-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
I may be wrong but i believe you dont need anywhere close to the amount of funds to go to a game at the metrodome then at "the cell". They i believe also have $1 hotdog night which may make a trip up there even more worthwhile.

$21 to sit behind Koskie's right shoulder and snag line fouls!

duke of dorwood
02-24-2003, 11:19 PM
We just dont have the manager for us to be fired up for those games. I really believe thats why we lose to them, the manager is intimidated.

DrCrawdad
02-25-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
Phil on the Sox and Twins new heated rivalry (http://msn.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/rogers_phil/1512817.html)

Nineteen games between these two. I love it!

These Twinkies have quite an imagination. Talk about an inferiority complex.

All the way from Fort Myers, Fla., the Minnesota Twins can be heard chirping about perceived loose lips on the Sox roster.

"You can't win a game in the papers,'' Twins reliever LaTroy Hawkins was quoted as saying in Monday's Minneapolis Star Tribune. "The last two years, we've pretty much showed [the Sox] that we're the ones who should be talking trash, but we're not. We're going to take care of the Twins; we're not going to worry about the White Sox.

From what I've read the Twinkies sure seem quite worried about the White Sox. And IIRC the only Sox player who's talked trash this year is White Sox newbie Koch. From what I've read except for Koch the White Sox have deferred to the Twinkies this year.

- DrCrawdad.

moochpuppy
02-25-2003, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by dllrbll7

You're right dll. Tuesday's are $1 dog nights. General admission is $14 up from $10 (every ticket went up $4 this offseason.......it's funny how they never lower ticket prices when the teams sucks). You can sit anywhere in the infield from $29 to $31. You can also park right across the street from the Dome for as little as $7.

fhqwhgads
02-25-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by bighurt93

As a UWRF alumnus and River Falls resident, I would like to welcome bighurt93!

If you need cheap tickets to the Dome, I bought the $200 Upper GA Season ticket special this year. I won't be able to attend all 81 games, so if you'd like a ticket from time to time, come down to the Prairie Fire coffee house on Cascade Ave. (right across from the Student Center) on any Tuesday night. I'll be playing cards. If you can pronounce my user name, you'll find me.

upnorthsox
02-25-2003, 10:33 AM
Ya know, F_ck it! Let the battle royale begin!!

Let's just say we hate their guts and can't wait to beat the shiite out of them. False pleasantries aren't going to get us a single win but pure contempt could rule the series.

Juan Pizarro
02-25-2003, 11:05 AM
Say hey, you River Falls-ies!

I used to charge the Hump a lot when I lived in Eau Claire, starting with the magical '83 season. I had a T-shirt made: "Knife the Dome.'

Even the Twinks fans liked it. A heard a lot of, "Yeah, man, bring back the Met."

That Humpdome is so strange. Like the way your ears pop when you leave the pressurized zone. Or the smell, and how it sticks on you. Or the way the game looks like it's on video, especially from the deck behind the plate.
Or the way, because it's a football stadium, if you're in some parts of the lower deck, you can't see what happens on pop fouls right in front of you.

Classy joint. Makes our place feel like Chavez Ravine.
Gimme a Schmidt! :gulp:

maurice
02-25-2003, 11:39 AM
General admission is $14 up from $10

Geez! The last time I was in the hump, general admission was a mere $4! I'm getting old. :(:

I remember thinking it was pretty cool at the time (notwithstanding the annoyance of watching a baseball game in a football stadium with a white ceiling and a right field wall-o'-garbage-bags), because the Sox had done away with general admission around that time.

fhqwhgads
02-25-2003, 01:04 PM
Upper Deck GA tix are $6 (up from $5 last year). The $200 Upper GA season tix special covers all 81 games, plus each ticket can be used as a $6 coupon against an upgraded seat. Pretty cool.

I had a T-shirt made: "Knife the Dome.'

You weren't the only one. I miss outdoor baseball, and I went to Miller Park, Busch, and (gasp) Wrigley over the past couple years to get my fill.

I'm going to try to hit The Cellar this year, though, probably at the top of July.

Oh, did I say Cellar? I'm sure that I meant Cellular. Right.

GO TWINS!

Pete_SSAC
02-25-2003, 01:11 PM
*blinks* Awwww... isn't that CUTE!

- Pete

moochpuppy
02-25-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads

GO TWINS!

Um, I think we need a moderator here. I found a typo. :D:

fhqwhgads
02-25-2003, 01:36 PM
Hey moochpuppy,

I make it a habit to take a half-day for any weekday games at the Dome. If you're in Edina (I work in Eden Prairie), we should carpool to a Sox-Twins game...say June 26? It's a Thursday at noon.

We may, of course, have to place a small wager on the outcome of the game... :gulp:

There's nothing like baseball for an excuse to take a day off of work.

GO TWINS!

moochpuppy
02-25-2003, 01:43 PM
Hey moochpuppy,

I make it a habit to take a half-day for any weekday games at the Dome. If you're in Edina (I work in Eden Prairie), we should carpool to a Sox-Twins game...say June 26? It's a Thursday at noon.

We may, of course, have to place a small wager on the outcome of the game... :gulp:

There's nothing like baseball for an excuse to take a day off of work.

Sounds good to me. Although I can't make any promises. By that time I'm hoping to be in Stillwater (we are in the process of moving). I will try and keep that date open and maybe we can meet down at the dome.

GO TWINS!

Will somebody please fix this!!! Argh!

Pete_SSAC
02-25-2003, 01:50 PM
Will somebody please fix this!!! Argh!

Must be a glitch that replaces the word Sox with Twins.

GO SOX!

Hmmm... no... maybe his comp just has a virus.

- Pete

fhqwhgads
02-25-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC
Hmmm... no... maybe his comp just has a virus.

- Pete

Hmmm...Norton checks out ok, but I'll keep looking.

Let's see if this one works...

INDIANS SUCK!

Hey! There's something we can all agree on. Poor Matt Whitney (http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1046172607224100.xml). It's bad enough that he broke his leg, but even after he heals he'll have to play for the Tribe.

GO TWINS!

Pete_SSAC
02-25-2003, 02:35 PM
INDIANS SUCK!

You got that right. That's not even an opinion anymore, that's a statement of fact.

Yikes.

- Pete

delben91
02-25-2003, 02:49 PM
Hmmm...Norton checks out ok, but I'll keep looking.

Let's see if this one works...

INDIANS SUCK!

Just wanted to say welcome aboard to a fellow Strong-Bad/Homestarrunner fan. Hilarious stuff on that site. Now, as for the Twins stuff, that's more of a gray area around here :D:

Welcome aboard all the same :gulp:

fhqwhgads
02-25-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by delben91
Just wanted to say welcome aboard to a fellow Strong-Bad/Homestarrunner fan. Hilarious stuff on that site.

Thanks! Just prepare for the burnination of the South Side this year.

http://www-jcsu.jesus.cam.ac.uk/~pmb38/images/trogdor.jpg

TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR! (http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail58.html)