PDA

View Full Version : letters in the Daily Herald

alohafri
02-24-2003, 12:39 PM
these are great:

Sam-mail

From Jefferson Park Joey: "I'm sorry, but I can't congratulate Sammy Sosa for showing up at work on time for $18 million. I make $45,000 a year as a firefighter. I've never been late for work once, and nobody throws a party for me.''

Sam-mail II

From Glen Ellyn Bob the Dentist: "You were doing fine until you, of all people, bought into Sammy pretending to be a decent teammate for the first time in his life. If this is cause for celebration, I'm ashamed to be a Cubs fan. Of course, being a Cubs fan means always being ashamed.''

Sam-mail III

From Naperville Ned: "OK, I respect your right to be an idiot, and you're quite accomplished at it. In turn, you must allow me to revel in my psychosis and neurosis. I'm not afraid to admit that I'd rather have Sammy hit 74 homers than have the Cubs win a division and lose in the first round. They'll never win the World Series, so why can't I have Sammy be Sammy?''

Sam-mail IV

From e-mailer Vernon in the Hills: "You're totally unfair when it comes to Cubs fans caring only about Sammy's homers. Our real passion is for stroking each other in chat rooms and French kissing on message boards.''

moochpuppy
02-24-2003, 01:03 PM
Hmmm....maybe there is still hope for these people.

TheBigHurt
02-24-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by alohafri

From Jefferson Park Joey: "I'm sorry, but I can't congratulate Sammy Sosa for showing up at work on time for $18 million. I make $45,000 a year as a firefighter. I've never been late for work once, and nobody throws a party for me.

WOW GOOD POINT THERE

moochpuppy
02-24-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
WOW GOOD POINT THERE

Making $18 million there are so many more things you can do outside of work which makes it harder to go back.

hose
02-24-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
these are great:

Sam-mail

From Jefferson Park Joey: "I'm sorry, but I can't congratulate Sammy Sosa for showing up at work on time for $18 million. I make $45,000 a year as a firefighter. I've never been late for work once, and nobody throws a party for me.''

Lets be fair, the firefighter has a siren, flashing lights and doesn't have to stop at traffic signals.

hogsmom
02-24-2003, 08:51 PM
God bless you and keep you healthy and alive. May you make it home safee every day until you retire.

TheBigHurt
02-24-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
Making $18 million there are so many more things you can do outside of work which makes it harder to go back.

of course, but that wasn't the point that that guy was making at least i didnt think it was.......