PDA

View Full Version : On NBC 5's "Sports Sunday" last night...

Viva Magglio
02-24-2003, 08:12 AM
...Peggy Kuzinski was in Tucson and she made the smug "Frank vs. Sammy" comparison. She implied that the Cubs have a wonderful camp going because of Sosa's "vow" to be kinder and gentler while implying that the Sox camp is Siberia because of Frank's moronic comments.

I cannot tell you how much that irks me.

Mr. Larry Wert, your sports department needs an upgrade...now.

Sad
02-24-2003, 08:33 AM
agreed- that was kind of an assenine analogy...

but Frank does need to let it go already
didn't think he needed to re-open those wounds...

WinningUgly!
02-24-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
...Peggy Kuzinski was in Tucson and she made the smug "Frank vs. Sammy" comparison. She implied that the Cubs have a wonderful camp going because of Sosa's "vow" to be kinder and gentler while implying that the Sox camp is Siberia because of Frank's moronic comments.

I cannot tell you how much that irks me.

Mr. Larry Wert, your sports department needs an upgrade...now.

Peggy can have the sCrUBS, their "wonderful camp" and another 90+ losses this season. Watch later in the season, when Sam-ME starts whining & hinting towards wanting out of his contract, how the media will spin things in his favor.

Hangar18
02-24-2003, 10:15 AM
Why is NBC-5 exclusively (with Kucinski) covering the Damn Cubs Only? Did anyone tell them theres a 2nd team in chicago too??
Is it me, or is the Media Biased towards the Cubs? its not like the cubs just went to the world series last yr, and DESERVE all of this coverage.....

SoxFan14
02-24-2003, 10:50 AM
What's the problem with her comparisons of Cubs camp vs. Sox camp? We may not like it but she was right on. Sammy is viewed as being selfish for showing up late to ST every year so this year he decided to do something about it and show up on time. No problems in Mesa so far.

Frank Thomas is accused of being selfish and what does he do? He comes in complaining about his manager, GM, and teammate and starting more problems. Controversy in Tucson.

There was nothing wrong with Ch. 5's coverage, IMO.

duke of dorwood
02-24-2003, 10:52 AM
No, its you

baggio202
02-24-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by SoxFan14
What's the problem with her comparisons of Cubs camp vs. Sox camp? We may not like it but she was right on. Sammy is viewed as being selfish for showing up late to ST every year so this year he decided to do something about it and show up on time. No problems in Mesa so far.

Frank Thomas is accused of being selfish and what does he do? He comes in complaining about his manager, GM, and teammate and starting more problems. Controversy in Tucson.

There was nothing wrong with Ch. 5's coverage, IMO.

so you agree that because thomas had one 15 minute press conference the sox clubhouse is now siberia???....cmon..i guess all the joking around with rowand on day one when teammates were sneaking up behind him and wispering "crash" in his ear is all lost now because of frank....its gone fromas a happy go lucky camp to a concertration camp mentality....

this might comes as a surpise to some here and maybe to thomas himself..but i dont think frank is near the clubhouse presence he was in the past....thus his influence , good or bad , inst as great...this team is much more veteran loaded...you have guys like colon , white , maggs , konerko , valentin .gordon, alomar , koch ect that could probably give a rats ass what thomas says....as long as he hits...this team is growing up

all frank has to do is hit...nobody cares about what he says...dont mean that to be negative towards frank..its actually a good thing for frank imo...leadership has always been thrusted on him and its something i feel he has never really wanted...with this tem he wont have to be a leader..just a hitter...

SoxFan14
02-24-2003, 04:23 PM
Who called it Siberia? I just said controversy, which it is. Instead of the team focusing on getting ready for the season, they're being asked questions on what they think of Thomas' tirade. It'll all blow over in a few days but that's not the point of this thread. Some of you feel that Ch. 5's coverage was horse**** because they made a comparison between Cubs camp and Sox camp and that they're only covering the Cubs, not the Sox (which is not true, either). My only point was that there was nothing wrong with Channle 5's coverage.

I hate to say it but there are a lot of Sox fans that will never be happy with media coverage unless there's constantly glowing reports on the Sox and negative reports on the Cubs.

Hangar18
02-24-2003, 04:59 PM
Well, IM not one of those fans (who wont be happy unless the cubs are being Ripped). I only want EQUAL treatment from the Media. not what we have currently

Hangar18
02-24-2003, 05:05 PM
think about this. how can a team, that Arguably, has the best chance its had in years, of doing something special in the playoffs, have to fight and claw for attention from a team that has nearly lost 100 games 4 of the last 6 years?? They get this attention simply because theyre "Lovable"?? Im sorry, i think thats Horse-Sh*t. The media should be ashamed of themselves. This problem is/was LARGELY created by THEM. If people kept telling you that a Banana was really an Automobile Muffler, wouldnt you accept that as truth Eventually?