PDA

View Full Version : Frank Will Have monster Year!


ChiSoxTony
02-23-2003, 11:32 AM
I like nothing better than Frank with a chip on his shoulder. Ignore the Cub media spun negative crap. When Frank hits like Frank there is no better right handed hitter in the game. With Frank hitting like he is supposed to, the rest of the team will be ignited. Buckle up everybody, its going to be one awsome ride.

TheBigHurt
02-23-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by ChiSoxTony
I like nothing better than Frank with a chip on his shoulder. Ignore the Cub media spun negative crap. When Frank hits like Frank there is no better right handed hitter in the game. With Frank hitting like he is supposed to, the rest of the team will be ignited. Buckle up everybody, its going to be one awsome ride.

WE PRAISE YOU

gogosoxgogo
02-23-2003, 03:40 PM
I really hope you're right man. When Frank is on his game, he's proven that he can carry this team by himself. In 93 and 94, Frank won the MVP and we won the division. In 2000, Frank finished second in MVP voting and arguably should have won it, we won the division. So we know Frank can take this team himself as he's done in the past, but add to that two great hitters in Maggs and Konerko, and one of the best 1-2 pitching combos in baseball. I want Frank to stick it to the media so badly...

LetsGoSox_1
02-23-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
I really hope you're right man. When Frank is on his game, he's proven that he can carry this team by himself. In 93 and 94, Frank won the MVP and we won the division. In 2000, Frank finished second in MVP voting and arguably should have won it, we won the division. So we know Frank can take this team himself as he's done in the past, but add to that two great hitters in Maggs and Konerko, and one of the best 1-2 pitching combos in baseball. I want Frank to stick it to the media so badly...

I agree 100% with you. It would be such a great story if Frank Thomas played like he did in 2000, and stuck it to the media (especially the damn Cubune). If he, Maggs, and Paulie can all be on the same page and have numbers similar to last year, we should have an extremely dangerous lineup. :gulp:

guillen4life13
02-23-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
I really hope you're right man. When Frank is on his game, he's proven that he can carry this team by himself. In 93 and 94, Frank won the MVP and we won the division. In 2000, Frank finished second in MVP voting and arguably should have won it, we won the division. So we know Frank can take this team himself as he's done in the past, but add to that two great hitters in Maggs and Konerko, and one of the best 1-2 pitching combos in baseball. I want Frank to stick it to the media so badly...

Frank's great and all, but I think you have to remember that he has had some nice supporting casts (Ventura, Raines, Franco, One-Dog, Burks, Belle, etc.) It's not like it was a one man team.

RKMeibalane
02-23-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
Frank's great and all, but I think you have to remember that he has had some nice supporting casts (Ventura, Raines, Franco, One-Dog, Burks, Belle, etc.) It's not like it was a one man team.

You're exactly right. He has had excellent supporting casts in the past, and he has another one this season. I think Frank's play will go a long lay towards determining whether the Sox contend this season. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

gogosoxgogo
02-23-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
Frank's great and all, but I think you have to remember that he has had some nice supporting casts (Ventura, Raines, Franco, One-Dog, Burks, Belle, etc.) It's not like it was a one man team.

My point was that the 'supporting cast' this year is much more than it has been in the past. In 93 and 94, it was Ventura and Raines. I'd take Maggs and Konerko over those anyday, despite Ventura being my favorite player and a left handed bat. In 1998, we didn't win anything, so rule Belle out. 00, we pretty much had Konerko and Maggs, both of whom have matured and are much better hitters now. My point was that a returned Frank Thomas, who has done it in the past with lesser hitters around him, and the addition of Maggs, Konerko, and an amazing one-two punch could spell disaster for other teams.

gosox3072
02-23-2003, 09:14 PM
Talkin about supporting cas think of how powerful we will be if carlos lee and joe crede have the years they are supposed to.

I dont think anyone would be able to stop us!!!!

Stoky44
02-23-2003, 10:38 PM
I don't have any specific reasons for my feelings, but ever since the end of last year I told everyone that Thomas is going to have a great season this year. Over the years Frank has dropped down on my favorite player list, but I knew the Sox shouldn't get rid of him, even if he is a bad leader. For one reason, I didn't want to see him come back to the sox in another uni and bite us in the ass.

My other prediction: he is going to have a heck-of-a year and go to another team and shove his contract in Jerry's face.

Just my gut talking here.

RKMeibalane
02-23-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Stoky44
My other prediction: he is going to have a heck-of-a year and go to another team and shove his contract in Jerry's face.


This represents my worst fear regarding Frank Thomas. I would hate to see him leave, only to be more productive elsewhere. The only good thing that could possibly come of that would be that everyone would finally see what an ass Reinsdorf is. Maybe the negative publicity would force him to sell the team.

Then again, maybe Jerry Reinsdorf is really Emperor Palpatine in disguise, so if someone kills him, he just transfers into a clone body and continues on as if nothing happened.

Stoky44
02-24-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
This represents my worst fear regarding Frank Thomas. I would hate to see him leave, only to be more productive elsewhere. The only good thing that could possibly come of that would be that everyone would finally see what an ass Reinsdorf is. Maybe the negative publicity would force him to sell the team.

Then again, maybe Jerry Reinsdorf is really Emperor Palpatine in disguise, so if someone kills him, he just transfers into a clone body and continues on as if nothing happened.



I will take what you said and go a step further. Jerry Reinsdorf is the devil himself :angry: He has placed a dark cloud over this city, never to leave untill him and his terrible GM's leave (K-Will and Fat A*# Jerry pt II).