PDA

View Full Version : Lee is late

gosox3072
02-22-2003, 03:51 PM
Lee out: The White Sox left fielder is the only known player that will not be present for Saturday's first full-squad workout. Lee, who experienced a delay in his visa processing in his native Panama, is expected to be in camp on Sunday.

Not a great start for his "breakout" year

kermittheefrog
02-22-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by gosox3072
Lee out: The White Sox left fielder is the only known player that will not be present for Saturday's first full-squad workout. Lee, who experienced a delay in his visa processing in his native Panama, is expected to be in camp on Sunday.

Not a great start for his "breakout" year

Yay why don't we make something out of nothing!

Bmr31
02-22-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Yay why don't we make something out of nothing!

Yeah cuz that first day of camp is SOOOOOO vital.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-22-2003, 04:44 PM
He's going to be two days late? Will they hold him out of the shuttle drill, you think? :smile:

I'm pretty sure this comes under the heading of "tempest in a teapot."

:)

RedPinStripes
02-22-2003, 04:50 PM
What's funny about this visa **** every year is these guy know there is always a problem. So why the hell dont they try getting in the states a few weeks early?

The only thing that bothers me about players showing up late is ......... I dont make anything near what they make and i HAVE to be on time or i'm fired. If you make millions of dollars a year, the least you can do is get to work on time.

duke of dorwood
02-22-2003, 05:18 PM
:shammy

I switched my visa to a Master Card and I'm in camp

NC_sox_fan
02-23-2003, 07:15 AM
I believe the front office is responsible for lining up all the paperwork concerning visas for the players who come in from other countries. Two years ago, every one of the players from the Domincan were late arriving at spring training due to a foul up caused by the front office sending the paperwork late.

I don't think you can pin this one on Carlos.

BTW, Carlos is a dad now....his daughter is Karla.

dllrbll7
02-23-2003, 07:20 PM
He showed up today and they said he "slimmed" down. If he lost some weight he will be deadly. This offseason just keeps gettin better.