PDA

View Full Version : "The Cubs are selling tickets, and all I got was this lousy lobotomy!"

PaleHoseGeorge
02-21-2003, 08:01 PM
Did anybody else see the local channels do their usual "Cubs tickets go on sale today" piece on the 6:00 news?

Omigod a new low...

One bozo after another, wearing some goofy piece of teddy bear clothing, talking nonsense about "someday they're going to put it all together!" My favorite was somebody's nanni who looked like she might fall over from the extra weight of the tickets she was stuffing in her purse. I think she was interviewing for a Wrigley Field security job, too. :smile:

I was looking at my TV screen extra closely trying to find where the Cubune's surgeons completed the lobotomies on these people. Alas, I couldn't find anything. Those guys are real professionals.

:gulp:

gogosoxgogo
02-21-2003, 08:03 PM
We'll be lucky if the media even tells us when Sox ticks go on sale.

czalgosz
02-21-2003, 08:06 PM
The shame is, they really do have some talent on that team. Not enough to really contend, mind you, but some. Although the NL central is pretty weak...

I really don't understand why everyone is so high on Dusty Baker. He doesn't like pitchers, he hates young players. I guess his experience of letting Barry Bonds bully him will translate well in the Cubs clubhouse...

:shammy

Let me tell you how it's going to be, Dusty...