PDA

View Full Version : Maybe we should have kept him...

doublem23
02-21-2003, 02:02 PM
Oops...

http://msn.espn.go.com/gammons/s/2003/0221/1512192.html

???

Hangar18
02-21-2003, 02:09 PM
I thought the same thing when I saw the Brewers had him (chicago rejects go there) I hope we dont regret this.

upnorthsox
02-21-2003, 02:25 PM
Yea that's a good story and I wish him well but like someone said about Josh Stewart making the rotation, if Brooks made our BP that would be a very bad sign.

czalgosz
02-21-2003, 02:57 PM
Boston loves to write positive articles like this one, and I think he overvalues Kieschnick a bit.

That said, a lot of people noticed what Kieschnick was doing last season, and I was among those who thought he should have gotten at least a September callup.

Think about it, he could do Wunsch's job and Rios's job...

kermittheefrog
02-21-2003, 04:04 PM
I think Kieschnick could be very valuable on the bench in the NL because he could pitch in the pen and not need a pinch hitter.

btw- My blog has been updated.

cornball
02-21-2003, 04:10 PM
Is he saying 40 is old?......I hope not...lol

doublem23
02-21-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
I think Kieschnick could be very valuable on the bench in the NL because he could pitch in the pen and not need a pinch hitter.

btw- My blog has been updated.

Heh heh... Blog

"The secret to comedy is to say words that sound dirty... Like muckluck."
- Krusty the Klown

kevingrt
02-21-2003, 05:11 PM
Gammons is a good reporter just I don't agree with many of his opinions!

Juan Pizarro
02-21-2003, 05:25 PM
great for him if he makes it, but it really points out how truly pathetic the Brewers are right now.

There's only one reason to go to MillLeak park, and that's :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

BKozi
02-21-2003, 06:23 PM
I will never envy anything that the Brewers have. I wish him all the best but I don't think that we will ever look back and say, "I can't believe we let him go..."

czalgosz
02-21-2003, 06:46 PM
Well, in the Brewers' case, they have room to experiment around with a lefty reliever/pinch-hitter type. No one is expecting much, so they can screw around all they like.

The White Sox are not in a position to try something like that - they (at least on paper) are contenders, and contenders don't try out something that hasn't been done.

Just the way of the world...

WinningUgly!
02-22-2003, 01:32 AM
"He could be like having a 26th man," says Brewers pitching coach Mike Maddux.

I think the Brewers should be more concered about finding their 1st 24 men. :D:

EnricoPallazzo
02-22-2003, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by upnorthsox
Yea that's a good story and I wish him well but like someone said about Josh Stewart making the rotation, if Brooks made our BP that would be a very bad sign.

That was me who guessed Stewart might be called up before Rauch if events fall a certain way. Having 2 lefty salad tossers would be a nice contrast with the 3 right handers. It would only make sense if Stewart is doing well in the minors, Rauch isn't, and Loaiza is exhibiting Jaime-esque tendencies.

Brooks' two way possibilities are tailor made for a bad NL team. Boy, is he in the right place or what!

DrCrawdad
02-22-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
Well, in the Brewers' case, they have room to experiment around with a lefty reliever/pinch-hitter type. No one is expecting much, so they can screw around all they like...

For the sake of clarity:

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/5559.jpg
"Sometimes the next day my arm was so hard I couldn't get the lead hand through. That's the problem with throwing right-handed and hitting left-handed."- Brooks Kieschnick

ohalloran
02-22-2003, 03:35 PM
I hope he does well. This is a fun thing for baseball but I agree that a contender wouldn't try it.

MattSharp
02-23-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by ohalloran
I hope he does well. This is a fun thing for baseball but I agree that a contender wouldn't try it.

Yea same for me. I mean think about it, if it works otu what a PR move it is. Something to advertise for and stuff.

czalgosz
02-24-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
For the sake of clarity:

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/5559.jpg
"Sometimes the next day my arm was so hard I couldn't get the lead hand through. That's the problem with throwing right-handed and hitting left-handed."- Brooks Kieschnick

Oh. Well, never mind...

Even less reason to wish the Sox had kept him. They have enough right-handed relief prospects to fill a tour bus. Not every team can trade away Joe Valentine and not miss him...