PDA

View Full Version : Quote Of The Day 2/21

Lip Man 1
02-21-2003, 01:33 PM
]"I don't see having to like the GM. There's been some hard feelings (on both sides) with our contract talks at times [/B] , but I don't take it personally with Kenny. Even if I was (ticked) off at him it still wouldn't stop me from doing my job."--Mark Buehrle

Nice to see him finally admit what a lot of Sox fans have been saying since last year. He doesn't care for the organization, has been able to rise above that so far and will (in my opinion) be pitching for the Cardinals the first chance he gets.

Lip

RKMeibalane
02-21-2003, 01:41 PM
Buehrle is grown man, and he is free to make his own decisions. However, I think he will find that the "grass isn't always greener on the other side." If he struggles as a member of the Cardinals, I could easily imagine him saying, "I never expected to be under so much pressure, playing for my hometown team."

I think Mark needs to count his blessings and realize that although the Sox organization isn't perfect, that doesn't mean he will be happier playing elsewhere. Several players (Bobby Bonilla, Ken Griffey Jr.) once thought as he does. Both men were never quite the same after joining their hometown teams.

gogosoxgogo
02-21-2003, 06:27 PM
There's no doubt in my mind that Buehrle is counting the days til he's in Red. You know, I've thought about this, and we still have the guy for 4 more years. So long as he continues to put his numbers until then, I'm more than happy. If we go the route of trading him a year or two before then, fine, just make it someone of near equal caliber (ie. no Buehrle for 4 'can't miss prospects').

czalgosz
02-21-2003, 06:51 PM
It's perfectly understandable if he wants to pitch in St. Louis, but 4 years is a long time in baseball. We'll see where the Sox and the Cards (and Buerhle) are then, and what can be done about it.

I still wish the Sox hadn't squabbled with him last winter over $50K, but hey, it's not my money...

duke of dorwood
02-21-2003, 08:19 PM
With some ugly arbitrations ahead, the clock is running

hose
02-22-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
]"I don't see having to like the GM. There's been some hard feelings (on both sides) with our contract talks at times , but I don't take it personally with Kenny. Even if I was (ticked) off at him it still wouldn't stop me from doing my job."--Mark Buehrle

Nice to see him finally admit what a lot of Sox fans have been saying since last year. He doesn't care for the organization, has been able to rise above that so far and will (in my opinion) be pitching for the Cardinals the first chance he gets.

Lip [/B]

KW might not be the GM when Buehrle is in his free agent year.

Buerhrle signing a contract extension is the last thing to worry about.