PDA

View Full Version : And I thought WE were edgy...

Viva Magglio
08-14-2001, 09:26 PM
...one little strikeout by Todd Hundley, and Cub fans are jumping off of buildings!!! I'm watching our (so far) heartless effort against Texas and listening to the Score. All of the sudden, they're getting flodded with irate Cub fans calling about Hundley.

Example: "Todd Hundley is the ANTI-CHRIST!!!!"

Last year at this time, I was very nervous about our bad second half. Whatever "sky is falling" mentality we had last year is nothing compared to these people.

FarWestChicago
08-14-2001, 09:34 PM
Last year at this time, I was very nervous about our bad second half. Whatever "sky is falling" mentality we had last year is nothing compared to these people.

Yeah, but we had a real team last year.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-14-2001, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago

Yeah, but we had a real team last year.

Not only that, we had a real lead, too. You wouldn't know it to hear how the media has been spinning it. They are all but ready to anoint the Flubbies as world champions this year. Last year when we were sitting on an 8 game lead, jerks like Mark Giangreco were looking for any possible sign that the team was on the verge of collapse.

Funny how that works. I thought both teams were hometown favorites. I guess I was wrong.

Viva Magglio
08-14-2001, 09:56 PM
:moron
Don't forget about me!!!

Jerry_Manuel
08-14-2001, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Not only that, we had a real lead, too. You wouldn't know it to hear how the media has been spinning it. They are all but ready to anoint the Flubbies as world champions this year. Last year when we were sitting on an 8 game lead, jerks like Mark Giangreco were looking for any possible sign that the team was on the verge of collapse.

Funny how that works. I thought both teams were hometown favorites. I guess I was wrong.

http://abclocal.go.com/images/wls_bio_markgiangreco.jpg
That never happened PHG!