PDA

View Full Version : Very Superstitious...

voodoochile
02-20-2003, 03:48 PM
I guess baseball season is here. Today I changed the bathroom cup to an old Sox souveneir soda cup which only even come home if the team won that night. The Bears cups get put back in the back of the cabinet until the Sox season is over. Just to be safe, I am using one from the 2000 season.

Also using the Sox jacket regularly, though this old one is headed for retirement this season, I fear. Shhhh... I haven't told him yet...

SoxRulecubsdrool
02-20-2003, 04:23 PM
Beware!
I am now declaring that I will not change my underwear during any Sox winning streak. Be warned!

Actually I am starting to straighten up the screen room getting all the Sox nic nacs all standing up straight and ready to hook up the tv's again. It has been a long cold winter. Had to make sure my White Sox Troll was erect!

:gulp:

Kilroy
02-20-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by SoxRulecubsdrool
...Had to make sure my White Sox Troll was erect!

I bet he liked that!!

voodoochile
02-20-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
I bet he liked that!!

TMI...

:)

baggio202
02-20-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I guess baseball season is here. Today I changed the bathroom cup to an old Sox souveneir soda cup which only even come home if the team won that night. The Bears cups get put back in the back of the cabinet until the Sox season is over. Just to be safe, I am using one from the 2000 season.

Also using the Sox jacket regularly, though this old one is headed for retirement this season, I fear. Shhhh... I haven't told him yet...

with a name like "voodoo"chile id never guess that you would be one for superstitions :smile:

Daver
02-20-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
with a name like "voodoo"chile id never guess that you would be one for superstitions :smile:

He stole that name from my dog...........

whitesoxwilkes
02-20-2003, 06:16 PM
Like Voodoo, I'm making changes too. the Sox bullpen fleece is now being worn (weather permitting) and I'm drinking out of the Sox plastic cup at work.

voodoochile
02-20-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by daver
He stole that name from my dog...........

Lies! I know the owner and he told me himself that the dog was named for me... that's a good thing, right?

guillen4life13
02-20-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by baggio202

I dunno. I thought it was named after the Hendrix song "Voodoo Chile Blues." There are like two songs by him that have a similar name, "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)" "Voodoo Chile Blues"

Daver
02-20-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Lies! I know the owner and he told me himself that the dog was named for me... that's a good thing, right?

LMAO!!!!!!

hose
02-20-2003, 06:31 PM
Beware!
I am now declaring that I will not change my underwear during any Sox winning streak. Be warned!

:hawk
Mercy ! don't wear the one piece union suit like I did to Sox Fest.
Daggumit the salesman told me the trap door was user friendly, Lordy!!

TheBigHurt
02-20-2003, 08:18 PM
Beware!

WE DIDNT NEED TO KNOW THAT :D:

Procol Harum
02-20-2003, 11:49 PM
Beware!

Well, at least I'll understand the whys and wherefores if any of my Sox homies come back after seeing the Sox win their tenth game in a row and all they can talk about is how ol' U.S. Cellular Field stinks.... :gulp:

nut_stock
02-20-2003, 11:54 PM
Maybe theres already a similar traditon on the north side. Except they don't bother to change'em until a victory. It would explain the smell.

SoxRulecubsdrool
02-21-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
WE DIDNT NEED TO KNOW THAT :D:

I haven't broken the news to my wife yet either! I am sure I will be sleeping with the dogs!

voodoochile
02-21-2003, 04:50 PM
I haven't broken the news to my wife yet either! I am sure I will be sleeping with the dogs!

With any luck the dogs will make you go sleep with the pigs...

:D: