PDA

View Full Version : Sox vs. Cubs Tickets@Wrigley Urinal on sale tomorrow

Foulke You
02-20-2003, 03:56 PM
Flubs tickets go on sale tomorrow morning at the Flub box office or tickets.com. Just thought I'd give the heads up to anyone who is thinking about traveling to the unholy land at Addison and Clark to watch the ChiSox take on the baby bears at little league park. Ahhh, ivy, stale urine and beer stench, pee troughs, bad hot dogs, yuppies, frat boys, Starbucks, rooftops, and Carlos Lee homers sailing onto Waveland Ave. :D: I will probably attend my annual one trip up to the ivy covered burial grounds.

Hangar18- Get ready to post about all the Cub fluff media reporting that always coincides with tickets going on sale. They'll spout the usual garbage about how intensely "loyal" all the Cub fans are for lining up for tickets after a dreadful season and even more "hope springs eternal" platitudes. CLTV and WGN are known for the wall to wall coverage of this. It's enough to get any Sox fan's blood boiling.

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-20-2003, 04:01 PM
all i can say is, thank god for the internet! :)

Hangar18
02-20-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You

Hangar18- Get ready to post about all the Cub fluff media reporting that always coincides with tickets going on sale. They'll spout the usual garbage about how intensely "loyal" all the Cub fans are for lining up for tickets after a dreadful season and even more "hope springs eternal" platitudes. CLTV and WGN are known for the wall to wall coverage of this. It's enough to get any Sox fan's blood boiling.

Dont you know it Foulke. Im already Mad As Hell because tomorrows headlines will indeed be "coverage" of the Fools on Addison and their "loyalty" (foolishness).

One thing I do every year, you guys will love this. I usually go out for a beer in the area, but before I make my way back home to the south side, I take a drive to Sheffield/Addison (where they line up tonite) and YELL OUT "HOLY COW CUBS LOSE! CUBS LOSE !!" Never gets old for me. :smile:

bc2k
02-20-2003, 05:15 PM
Too bad we couldn't buy an entire section at Wrigley like at college games. We'd have power in numbers and be surrounded with fellow Sox fans. Plus we could get some good anti-Cubs chants going.

It would be nice to take over their bleachers or a section in right field, harassing Sosa all day.

dllrbll7
02-20-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
YELL OUT "HOLY COW CUBS LOSE! CUBS LOSE !!" Never gets old for me. :smile:

I wish i was in town, I would join you. Sounds like fun.

Foulke You
02-20-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
Too bad we couldn't buy an entire section at Wrigley like at college games. We'd have power in numbers and be surrounded with fellow Sox fans. Plus we could get some good anti-Cubs chants going.

It would be nice to take over their bleachers or a section in right field, harassing Sosa all day.

The WSI section at Wrigley would rule. :smile: Of course, sometimes it is fun to scream at Cub fans seated near you who were harassing you moments before a Sox home run.

dllrbll7
02-20-2003, 08:58 PM
Since all the cubs fans will be out tomorrow i decided i would put my CUBS SUCK and South Side Road Kill shirt on tonight. Its been a while since its come out of the drawer but it feels good. I think i am goin to print up my own version of the CUBS SUCK shirt this year, anyone interested or have any ideas?

nut_stock
02-21-2003, 12:45 AM
Don't forget to wear OLD shoes when traveling to Wrigley.

Sad
02-21-2003, 09:35 AM
I was gonna try and get tix for one of these games @ Wrigley
are there many of us SOX fans there?
I would imagine so...

tix are probably gone to the scalpers by now as the box office window @ Wrigley opens today 2 hours before internet sales from what I read...

jortafan
02-21-2003, 10:58 AM
This may actually be too far off the topic, but the one series at Wrigley Field I'd like to see this year does NOT involve the White Sox. I'm looking forward to the weekend in June when the Yankees come to town.

I'm a Sox fan who usually gets out to about a dozen games Sox games per year, and also manages to find an excuse to go to one Cubs game per season (last year, it was the September series against the Montreal Expos. I wanted to be able to say I saw them live, should the team someday cease to exist). But this year, I want to see the Bronx Bombers come to Wrigley.

Why?

I want to see how Cubs fans/cheap drunken floozies and losers react when they realize the Yankee faithful are not only in their midst, they are paying better attention to the game, and actually rooting against their Cubbies. Those people can rationalize our presence in their park, but I want to see how they react when they realize people are happy to see Roger Clemens bounce a shot off Sammy Sosa's helmet if he starts acting like a clown. And seeing the Great Japanese Hope of Steinbrenner-land bounce a shot onto Sheffield could be fun.

You also know the Yankee faithful will be more than anxious to rub it in. You've seen the way they react when they come to our park. There have been times when I thought I was at Yankee Stadium, rather than Comiskey, based on the crowd reaction to play on the field.

Also, it will be fun to watch the local press have to rehash the history between the two teams. For the record, the Yankees swept the Cubs in four straight games in both 1932 and 1938. By comparison, the only other Chicago/New York world series was won by the Sox, who beat John McGraw's Giants in 1917.

There's also one other benefit. The Yankee faithful in the Midwest may get their fill of baseball from that series, thereby leaving our park alone when the Yanks finally make it to the South Side at September's end.

So forgive me if for one weekend, I actually find myself rooting for Derek Jeter and Jason Giambi, Bernie Williams and even David Wells. As the old song "South Side Irish" goes, "and when it comes to baseball/ there is my choice of clubs/ the go-go White Sox/and whoever plays the Cubs."

cheeses_h_rice
02-21-2003, 12:11 PM
I found out the "secret" online to getting tickets...it's to only order a pair of them (not 4), and to try and specify your location. I succeeded in getting tix to the Saturday and Sunday Sox/Flubs games this way. I also managed to get through on the phone and got another pair for the Saturday game (for family) and a pair for the June 8 Sunday game against the Yanks.

It seems that tickets went a LOT faster this year than in previous years, when I would get through around 4pm and still get decent seats.

cheeses_h_rice
02-21-2003, 12:30 PM
Holy crap! Look at this sh*t!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2161063611&category=16122

$900 for 2 bleacher seats for the Cubs/Yankees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What kind of moron would pay that kind of money for a regular season baseball game?!?

:thankgod

voodoochile
02-21-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

What kind of moron would pay that kind of money for a regular season baseball game?!?

:thankgod

Someone who wants to see:

Roger Clemens bounce a shot off Sammy Sosa's helmet if he starts acting like a clown.

Somethings in life would be worth $900...

:D:

Sad
02-21-2003, 12:38 PM
I cant get throught at all to specify anything
theyre probably gone & on EBAY by now...

anewman35
02-21-2003, 12:40 PM
What? I've been trying for an hour and a half now to get two upper deck tickets for the sunday sox game, and haven't been able to get anything. I'm so furious right now, this is making me hate the Cubs even more (although I suppose goddamn tickets.com was MLB's idea and not their's).

Adam

A.T. Money
02-21-2003, 12:52 PM
You have Cubs and Sox fans both trying to get tickets for the weekend series. Those tickets most likely sold out (Sox/Cubs) within minutes.

If you want tickets, you might have to go to ebay.

Foulke You
02-21-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by anewman35
What? I've been trying for an hour and a half now to get two upper deck tickets for the sunday sox game, and haven't been able to get anything. I'm so furious right now, this is making me hate the Cubs even more (although I suppose goddamn tickets.com was MLB's idea and not their's).

Adam

At least I'm not the only one ready to go ballistic on my cpu. What a nightmare Tickets.com is. This happens every year. Last year, I got lucky and got through to the phone lines. This year, no such luck and I couldn't complete a stupid order because their crappy servers kept kicking me off for no good reason. I would get to enjoy the virtual waiting room forever and once in great while I'd get to the order part where it always kicked me off and asked me to refresh the screen after I tried to select seats. I hate Ticketmaster with a passion but at least their system works halfway decent and can handle a high volume of people. Looks like I'll be watching the games on TV (May I suggest turning the TV down and AM 1000 up, Chip Carey and whiney Steve Stone will make you vomit). Oh well, plenty of free :gulp: at home and I'll be at all 3 when the action shifts to Comiskey 1 week later.

Sad
02-21-2003, 02:04 PM
yeah I hear that- it's ridiculous
I dialed the out of state # for an hour straight whilst trying online for the same time period... after my blood pressure hit about 8 atmospheres I called it quits

they are definitely sold out now

looks like Ill be catching that Friday game at Comiskey and none at Wrigley...

oh well...

Iwritecode
02-21-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

What an idiot.

Unless he's a ticket vendor, doesn't he realize that's called scalping???

If I were trying to sell tickets for more than face value, I would sell a used tennis ball for $??? and throw the tickets in for free. His first mistake is starting the bidding at $900.

Again, what an idiot.

dllrbll7
02-21-2003, 02:34 PM
I tried for about 15min this morning then realized why should i fight all these cubs fans to get tickets to go piss in a sink when i can just add all 3 sox/cubs game to my sox7 order form and get to enjoy them at our home on the southside without the hassle. Plus the prices at wrigley were outrageous for the games.

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-21-2003, 03:55 PM
my dad tried for like 3 hours to get tickets, i take back my previous post, darn you internet!

FanOf14
02-21-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
At least I'm not the only one ready to go ballistic on my cpu. What a nightmare Tickets.com is. This happens every year. Last year, I got lucky and got through to the phone lines. I hate Ticketmaster with a passion but at least their system works halfway decent and can handle a high volume of people.

I refuse to use tickets.com. It has to be the worst setup I've ever experienced when ordering tickets online. I know last year they had Sox games all over the place because they had the name spelled at least 3 or 4 ways - Chicago White Sox, White Sox, and I think Sox (or something like that). All I knew was that I couldn't get more than 10 games in a list for the season (I was trying to plan out the year for Sox tickets and gave up after a half hour or so).