PDA

View Full Version : Hook, Line, and Sinker

Viva Magglio
02-20-2003, 08:20 AM
That's how the media took Sammy Sosa yesterday. So he arrives "on time" and promises to "turn down" the boom box. Has it occurred to anyone that Sosa is a fraud? And then there is good, old Moronotti proving...ugh, I am going to barf!

Yet, there is a superior right fielder who will be reporting to Tucson with not the media but only the Catalina Mountains and flying Davis-Monthan Air Force Base aircraft looking down upon him.

Hangar18
02-20-2003, 08:37 AM
Isnt that Amazing? The Media. Sammy. The both of them?
Ridiculous is the word that comes to mind. Then I hear people saying oh, this is the year, sammy came early so it must be a good thing for the cubs.....

mike squires
02-20-2003, 08:57 AM
Isn't that amazing that him showing up on time is a big time media event. That says alot about Sammy's character.

Hangar18
02-20-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by mike squires
Isn't that amazing that him showing up on time is a big time media event. That says alot about Sammy's character.

It ALSO tells us The Character of THE CHICAGO/NATIONAL MEDIA Towards the Cubs. ALmost seems like theyre looking for ANYTHING to write about them. Anything Fluffy and Lovable.

Juan Pizarro
02-20-2003, 10:35 AM
There will be yet another summer of massive Suckitude on the North Side.
It will go unnoticed in the stands, what with all the cell phones, bare midriffs and beer goggles.

Chisox353014
02-20-2003, 10:59 AM
If you go to the Cubune Sports homepage right now, you can view an exclusive photo of Sammy's boombox!!
Is that freakin' awesome or what??

Fisk Fan
02-20-2003, 11:06 AM
Kind of makes you feel like...........

Hangar18
02-20-2003, 11:07 AM
I saw that. Ridiculous. Is it any wonder why sox fans hate cub fans so much? besides the obvious reasons (theyre dumber, un sophisticated)

dllrbll7
02-20-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
So he arrives "on time" and promises to "turn down" the boom box.

This team player will only last acouple weeks if not days. He'll probably turn down the boom box but install a stereo system. Im surprised the Cubs havent moved spring training to Sammys home town so Sammy could spend more time with his family and be able to sleep in his own house. I probably just gave them the idea so look for the spring training home of the cubs to move next year.

duke of dorwood
02-20-2003, 11:56 AM
The sight of that blowhard just riles me up