PDA

View Full Version : Brumbaugh?

delben91
02-19-2003, 05:48 PM
I keep reading this guy's name on various threads and I don't know a thing about him. Was he one of those signed in the plethora of minor league deals that included Daubach and Loaiza? What does he bring to the table? Would he be a better option than Rios and Willie?

Thanks all.

czalgosz
02-19-2003, 05:50 PM
He's supposedly an outstanding defensive outfielder who doesn't bring that much to the table with his bat. IIRC he was signed on the same day that Daubach and Loaiza were. It's been argued by some that he's better all around than Aaron Rowand.

Daver
02-19-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
He's supposedly an outstanding defensive outfielder who doesn't bring that much to the table with his bat. IIRC he was signed on the same day that Daubach and Loaiza were. It's been argued by some that he's better all around than Aaron Rowand.

He is a better defensive outfeilder than Rowand,but then again Chopper gets a better jump on the ball than Aaron does,and Chopper is on his last legs.

Brumbaugh best move with a bat is HBP.

delben91
02-19-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by daver
He is a better defensive outfeilder than Rowand,but then again Chopper gets a better jump on the ball than Aaron does,and Chopper is on his last legs.

Chopper probably knows enough to not run into fences at full speed repeatedly too, right?

:)

Daver
02-19-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by delben91
Chopper probably knows enough to not run into fences at full speed repeatedly too, right?

:)

:chopper

Damn right I do,that hurts you know.........

kermittheefrog
02-19-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by delben91
I keep reading this guy's name on various threads and I don't know a thing about him. Was he one of those signed in the plethora of minor league deals that included Daubach and Loaiza? What does he bring to the table? Would he be a better option than Rios and Willie?

Thanks all.

He can play both infield and outfield corners and he's torn up AAA pretty well. He can at least hit well enough to hold a platoon role if given opportunity. Rios is still a better option if he's healthy. Brumbaugh is a better hitter than Harris but can't cover center.