PDA

View Full Version : What They're Saying About Royce Clayton


RKMeibalane
02-19-2003, 04:48 PM
SS Royce Clayton -- The new shortstop was Melvin's first notable free agent signing, and Clayton represents the type of comeback-ready player Melvin is after. Clayton struggled in 2001 and 2002 with slow starts at the plate and never felt at peace with Chicago fans.

Truer words were never spoken.

Hullett_Fan
02-19-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
SS Royce Clayton -- never felt at peace with Chicago fans.

Truer words were never spoken.


LMAO. Comeback player of the year? Maybe if a rough 2002 had followed a brillant 2001. But no, he's had 2 terrible years in a row. They'll miss Jose Hernandez.

dllrbll7
02-19-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Clayton represents the type of comeback-ready player Melvin is after.



I cant believe that was writen about the Choice. I guess he has been waiting for a comeback ever since college so it is correct. Do they think of the Choice as one of Melvins major pickups? That is pretty pathetic if he is and it makes me happy to have Kenny.

gogosoxgogo
02-19-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
I cant believe that was writen about the Choice. I guess he has been waiting for a comeback ever since college so it is correct. Do they think of the Choice as one of Melvins major pickups? That is pretty pathetic if he is and it makes me happy to have Kenny.

He is one of his major pickups... which shows you how well the Brewers are going to be this year. And hey, I don't know about the rest of you, but I hope Royce does well. I never had a problem with him, though I did have a problem with Jerry using him too much, and I want to kick the Scrubbies asses.

Foulke You
02-19-2003, 06:34 PM
:hitless
"The city of Milwaukee has never felt a fielding percentage force like me. I will own Wisconsin!"

baggio202
02-19-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
:hitless
"The city of Milwaukee has never felt a fielding percentage force like me. I will own Wisconsin!"


:ritchie
what about me royce???

PaleHoseGeorge
02-19-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
:hitless
"The city of Milwaukee has never felt a fielding percentage force like me. I will own Wisconsin!"

I'm sure they're changing all the signs along the roads.

"Welcome to Wisconsin--America's Choice-Land!"

:hitless
"Get them stupid cows outta here! How do you expect me to deliver a .999 fielding percentage playing on a pasture like this!"

FarmerAndy
02-19-2003, 07:44 PM
Alright folks. It's time to just let it go. It's beyond childish already.

Foulke You
02-19-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
Alright folks. It's time to just let it go. It's beyond childish already.

Making fun of Choice will never get old. I still haven't grown tired of ripping on Jaime Navarro. :D:

nut_stock
02-19-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
I still haven't grown tired of ripping on Jaime Navarro. :D:


AHHHHHHHHHHH!, Im trying to forget that chapter in Sox history.

Daver
02-19-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
Alright folks. It's time to just let it go. It's beyond childish already.

I've petitioned Mayor Daley to make the anniversary of his release date a Chicago holiday.

SouthSideHitman
02-19-2003, 08:23 PM
I always thought that clayton got a raw deal here. Although I wouldn't have picked him up, it wasn't his fault that KW offered him a choice. Each year, royce hit at or better than his career average, never made any serious baserunning mistakes and was statistically the best SS the Sox had ever had. Sure, he had some bad starts, but he came on like gangbusters to match his previous performences. Overall, I just wish him good luck for the Brewers (who, by the way, play the cubs 18 times) and am glad to see Jose and Joe at short and third respectivly.

duke of dorwood
02-19-2003, 10:40 PM
The sub .100 average? His fine clubhouse presence?" BOOM" in commercials? I'll be making fun for a long time.

baggio202
02-19-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
The sub .100 average? His fine clubhouse presence?" BOOM" in commercials? I'll be making fun for a long time.

dont forget he was screwing frank's ex

nut_stock
02-20-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by baggio202
dont forget he was screwing frank's ex



whoa, I don't remember hearing about that.......

basilesox
02-20-2003, 04:20 AM
Where did Jose Hernandez land by the way.

hsnterprize
02-20-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by daver
I've petitioned Mayor Daley to make the anniversary of his release date a Chicago holiday.
The next time I see the Mayor, I'll ask him for an update about that. Next Chicago City Council meeting is on the first Wednesday in March.

Juan Pizarro
02-20-2003, 10:32 AM
Jose Hernandez is a Colorado Rockie now.

I live in Wisconsin, and I feel for Brewer fans. Their pickups feature Clayton and Ritchie, they hope their leaky roof gets fixed and they haven't had a winning season for eons.

We should count our blessings, Sox fans.

baggio202
02-20-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Juan Pizarro
Jose Hernandez is a Colorado Rockie now.

I live in Wisconsin, and I feel for Brewer fans. Their pickups feature Clayton and Ritchie, they hope their leaky roof gets fixed and they haven't had a winning season for eons.

We should count our blessings, Sox fans.

i dont know how fans of teams like the brewers, tigers ,royals can even stay interested anymore.....these are teams that will now be talked about in terms of decades when reffering to the last time they were even competitive..let alone won something...

TheBigHurt
02-20-2003, 12:58 PM
I could see the headlines now:

Todd Ritchie throws a no-no in game 6 of NLCS.
Royce Clayton hits 5th Game Winning HR in game 7 to lead his Brew Crew to the Series.
The Sox (WHITE) rock up Ritchie and whip the mighty Brewers in 4 games to win the series.