PDA

View Full Version : God works on the Northside

moochpuppy
02-18-2003, 12:41 PM
Flubbies should bow down to ShamME (http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/col_imrem.asp)

:shammy

"I love this guy!"

:moron

"Sammy, say it ain't so."

"Shutup Moron, you're yesterday's news."

Iwritecode
02-18-2003, 12:55 PM
So the main point of this article is that since Shammy shows up late and hits 50+ homeruns, everyone should show up late and then they too will be capable of hitting 50+ homeruns?

Yea, that's solid logic...

Where is that arguement on how easy/difficult it is to be a sports columnist? I think this guy proves that just about anyone can throw a bunch of crap together, call it an article and get paid for it...

Hey, it's a living...

SI1020
02-18-2003, 01:12 PM
Some folks criticize Sox fans for complaining about media favoritism. How do you explain this? I'm just going to think he was being tongue in cheek. He couldn't have possibly been serious could he?

Viva Magglio
02-18-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by SI1020
Some folks criticize Sox fans for complaining about media favoritism. How do you explain this? I'm just going to think he was being tongue in cheek. He couldn't have possibly been serious could he?

He went on with Murph & Fred and sounded like a die hard member of the Sosa Ass Licking Society.

cheeses_h_rice
02-18-2003, 10:58 PM
I can't wait for the daily dissections of Sham-ME's bowel movements this year...

Sheesh. Can you imagine what the other hitters on the team think about this crap?

WhiteSoxWinner
02-18-2003, 11:33 PM
I get the Herald, and I have to say that the article was very sarcatic. That is Mike's style. He write a lot of offbeat, sarcatic columns, which I definitely took this one to be. I can't recall him being a member of SALS.

WinningUgly!
02-18-2003, 11:40 PM
Maybe they'll all arrive at Fitch Park together this week, performing a sort of elephant walk with Sosa holding on to the tail of the guy ahead of him and the trunk of the guy behind him.

"I'll be right behind you Sammy!"