PDA

View Full Version : Relive the best sox moment of 02. Over and over again!


chisox06
02-17-2003, 09:46 PM
I finally found some footage of Konerko hitting that homer against the scrubs after the sox trailed 8-0 (june 28, 2002). That was one hell of a game, and I was so lucky to be there (last row of the upper deck but who cares?) I remember hittin this zit faced cub fan in repeatably in the head with my sox rally towel after Konerko's homerun. I mean, he did give me the lecture of who the best team was in Chicago so of course I made it very clear to him just who that was. If you wanna see it and live in white sox bliss take a look! :gulp:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/video/mlb_video_archive.jsp?archive_month=June&archive_day=28

BY the way who is the guy with the sign wearing a WSI shirt?

gosox3072
02-17-2003, 10:52 PM
Ahhh yes i was at this game last year, quite possibly the best game ive ever been to im my life. Ive never seen so many fans jumping and going crazy at a baseball game before in my life.

bc2k
02-17-2003, 11:33 PM
Yeah gosox, that was by far the greatest game I have ever been to. Watching the reactions of all the Cubs fans as the score went from 8-0 to a Sox lead.

Oh, and had Clayton made that double play, the Cubs would not have scored those first 6 runs I believe. I'm glad he did though since it made the comeback that much more exciting.

Not to brag, but I called that Paulie home run. I leaned over to a friend and theorized that since Wood hit Konerko on the head with a curve, and not wanting to hit him again, he would throw the fastball to Konerko. Knowing how great of a fastball hitter Paulie is and guessing that he also knew Kerry wouldn't want to throw another curve, I called his home run. Didn't Paulie have 2 homers that game? If so, I called the first of the two.

dllrbll7
02-18-2003, 12:12 AM
What type of viewer is needed to watch the video? I tried to download it but it wouldnt come up?

dllrbll7
02-18-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
What type of viewer is needed to watch the video? I tried to download it but it wouldnt come up?

Never mind i decided to read the instructions on the page.

hsnterprize
02-18-2003, 08:40 AM
Bliss!!!!! Pure bliss!!!!! I'll drink to that.

:gulp:

LuvSox
02-18-2003, 09:01 AM
Yes, that was an awesome game! I was two rows behind the patio in RF, verbally abusing every one with that stupid "C" on their hat. Some of them were actually physically jarred by my insuts. THEN, the Paulie homer! YYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

pudge
02-18-2003, 12:24 PM
In honor of pitchers and catchers reporting, I am forwarding that to all my Cub-fan friends.

Chisox353014
02-18-2003, 04:06 PM
I have that game on tape. FSC showed a replay of the game that night and I started taping from the beginning of the comeback on. Most amazing Sox comeback I can remember.

chisox06
02-18-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
I have that game on tape. FSC showed a replay of the game that night and I started taping from the beginning of the comeback on. Most amazing Sox comeback I can remember.

Man I would love to get a copy that. Obvioulsy I only get WGN out here in Michigan. So unfortunatley I have to be demorlized to 1 minute clips on the internet, cant wait until I move!

PaleHoseGeorge
02-18-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by chisox06


http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/video/mlb_video_archive.jsp?archive_month=June&archive_day=28

BY the way who is the guy with the sign wearing a WSI shirt?


LMAO! I've seen this homerun video before, but I never realized the guy with the sign was wearing a totally biased WSI t-shirt!

Great catch!

:)

For the record, I was wearing my WSI t-shirt when Frank Thomas hit that mammoth 495-foot homerun last year. The ball hit the rail five feet from where I was sitting and I've been able to pick myself out of the crowd jumping up and down. Unfortunately I didn't have the forsight to wave a giant Big Hurt sign like the Konerko guy did. :smile:

White Sox Interactive--we're where the action is!

:fsock

bc2k
02-19-2003, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
I have that game on tape. FSC showed a replay of the game that night and I started taping from the beginning of the comeback on. Most amazing Sox comeback I can remember.

I also taped the replay but FSN didn't replay innings or half innings that were scoreless. That is Baloney.

Rocky Soprano
02-19-2003, 10:29 AM
Hell Yeah, I was at this game also. I was sitting first row in the bleachers. This by far is the best game I have ever been to! It was so much fun dissing all the Cub fans. I had a huge "Sammy Does Steroids" sign. I kept stading up on my chair and putting it up and looking back to the crowd everytime Sam-me went up to bat.

40 more days till opening day!

Jjav829
02-19-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
LMAO! I've seen this homerun video before, but I never realized the guy with the sign was wearing a totally biased WSI t-shirt!

Great catch!

:)

For the record, I was wearing my WSI t-shirt when Frank Thomas hit that mammoth 495-foot homerun last year. The ball hit the rail five feet from where I was sitting and I've been able to pick myself out of the crowd jumping up and down. Unfortunately I didn't have the forsight to wave a giant Big Hurt sign like the Konerko guy did. :smile:

White Sox Interactive--we're where the action is!

:fsock

I posted a message about this the day after it happened, but no one ever replied that it was them so either the person doesn't come here too often or just doesn't want to say it was them.

Person with WSI shirt and Konerko=All Star sign (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=106476)

BearSox
02-19-2003, 10:49 PM
Two straight years the best game of the season had to be a matchup with the Cubs. I was lucky enough to be at the 01' matchup where Wells couldn't even finish the first inning and the Sox were able to comeback winning on Caballos grand slam. The last time Cub fans were that demoralized from a loss to the sox probably would have been the 06' series.

A.T. Money
02-19-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by BearSox
Two straight years the best game of the season had to be a matchup with the Cubs. I was lucky enough to be at the 01' matchup where Wells couldn't even finish the first inning and the Sox were able to comeback winning on Caballos grand slam. The last time Cub fans were that demoralized from a loss to the sox probably would have been the 06' series.

Correction!

That would be THREE straight years. If you remember, game 1 at Comiskey, Ray Durham hit a single down the 3rd baseline in the 15th inning to win it for the Sox, in 2001, Lee's slam, and last season's comeback.

Ahhhh, it was lovely. I'd like to forget last years' game 3 blow out though...ugh.

jcw218
02-20-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by BearSox
Two straight years the best game of the season had to be a matchup with the Cubs. I was lucky enough to be at the 01' matchup where Wells couldn't even finish the first inning and the Sox were able to comeback winning on Caballos grand slam. The last time Cub fans were that demoralized from a loss to the sox probably would have been the 06' series.

What about Slappy's home run into the basket at the urinal to complete the sweep starting the Sox on what would be the run to the division championship the next season. The sweep also sent the flubbies into a downward spiral that they could not overcome.

That makes four years in a row where one of, if not, the best games for the season has come from a match-up with the cubs.

99 = Slappy home run into basket to complete sweep at urinal

00 = 14 inning marathon that sees sham-me go 1 for 5 w/ 4k's

01 = White Sox come from behind on Carlos' Grand Slam

02 = White Sox come back from 8-0 defecit to win