PDA

View Full Version : Quote of the week

Dadawg_77
02-17-2003, 08:54 PM
If someone else put this up here, sorry but I find this funny as all hell.

"One of the things we have found from our fans in focus groups was that they view [coming to the ballpark] as a family experience...They're not as interested in winning as I'm interested in winning."
--Jerry Reinsdorf, White Sox owner

OEO Magglio
02-17-2003, 08:58 PM
"One of the things we have found from our fans in focus groups was that they view [coming to the ballpark] as a family experience...They're not as interested in winning as I'm interested in winning."

Sorry to inform you Reinsdorf, but the sox don't play at Wrigley Field.

gogosoxgogo
02-17-2003, 10:21 PM
Ha! Quote of the year IMO.

voodoochile
02-17-2003, 10:26 PM
If that were true we'd have 6 titles by now since 1980 alone...

WhiteSoxWinner
02-17-2003, 10:27 PM
Geez, just when I thought Uncle Jerry was getting a clue, he says something like this.

doctor30th
02-17-2003, 10:36 PM
Well I wouldnt' doubt that this is what this particular focus group told him. He probably picked them up at a lexus dealership or a shopping mall in the US Cellular store. You know Family type people that would prefer to take thier kids to family friendly (lets go to fun-dimentals) comiskey than anti - family (hey let me douse your kid with beer for 6 innings) wrigley.

I think he just misunderstood what these people were saying, and I'd like to see the questions too.

It probably focused more on the family fun of comiskey..err US Cellular Field as a park and didnt' touch to much on the baseball team and the product on the field.

Of course he might have had a roomful of toddlers and went around saying stuff like "Sally, if you think uncle jerry wants the Sox to win more then the fans do cry right now?" Then he pinches them.