PDA

View Full Version : Sanders or Munoz?

OEO Magglio
02-17-2003, 08:49 PM
If Wunsch does infact lose his job, who would u like to see take his spot Sanders or Munoz?

Daver
02-17-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
If Wunsch does infact lose his job, who would u like to see take his spot Sanders or Munoz?

Neither.

Both of them need to spend some time in AAA.

doctor30th
02-17-2003, 08:56 PM
I agree with daver. But if wunsch lost his job and they said you can either put Porzio, Munoz, sanders or stewart.

I'd most likely pick Sanders. Give Munoz more time in the minors and Stewart more time as a starter. Porzio can pitch batting practice to the the Sox wives.

OEO Magglio
02-17-2003, 09:02 PM
I agree with you guys I think they both need time in the minors and I think Wunsch will still be the man in the pen and I think he should be, but if he doesn't I think it would be Munoz or Sanders, I think Porzio is done with, and I think that Stewart is going to be used as a starter in aaa, but if I had to pick one to take I guess it would be Sanders also just because he is a little older then Munoz, and they both put up around the same numbers in aa and in the winter leagues, so I guess I would have to take Sanders up north if it wasn't Wunsch.

gogosoxgogo
02-17-2003, 10:23 PM
I wouldn't rule out Almonte, either. That guy has been very effective in AAA,

doctor30th
02-17-2003, 10:24 PM
That is true amonte is effective, but I think we were focusing on Left handers.

Randar68
02-17-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by doctor30th

I mean sheesh, he scored 40+ goals a couple of times for the Blackhawks, if he can pitch, thatg would be a bonus!!!

jk... ;-)

Randar68
02-17-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio

IMO, Munoz is a better pitcher now and looking forward...

doctor30th
02-17-2003, 10:39 PM
I wish spell check hadn't ruined my ability to proof - read for errors.

Daver
02-17-2003, 10:48 PM
I wish spell check hadn't ruined my ability to proof - read for errors.

I don't,that gave me a good laugh,something I needed today.

:)

doctor30th
02-17-2003, 10:51 PM
And I must applaud Randar for pointing it out in a humorous non-humiliating type of way.

thank you good sir.

gogosoxgogo
02-18-2003, 07:57 AM

I see. My vote would actually go to Munoz due to the dominating winter he had. I probably wouldn't start him in the majors though, because he's going to need some time to rest after pitching a lot in both AA last year and the winter league. My biggest worry about Sanders and Munoz would be if they can get guys out at the major league level (more so with Sanders due to Munoz's winter league). They both pitched in AA last year, there's a big difference between AA and major league hitting. My personal opinion is that they will be fine, but it's just something to consider.

Hangar18
02-18-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Randar68
I mean sheesh, he scored 40+ goals a couple of times for the Blackhawks, if he can pitch, thatg would be a bonus!!!

jk... ;-)

HEH HEH....good one