PDA

View Full Version : Back in Black

IronFisk
02-17-2003, 11:07 AM
How's that for our slogan this year? To me, it makes perfect sense. It's like a reminder of our better days under the "Good Guys Wear Black" years, but with more of a kick-a#@ attitude! Hey, the Sox have used Brittany Spears and The WHO over the last few years, I think this AC/DC classic is a natural for us in 2003! :D:

ScottyTheSoxFan
02-17-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by IronFisk
How's that for our slogan this year? To me, it makes perfect sense. It's like a reminder of our better days under the "Good Guys Wear Black" years, but with more of a kick-a#@ attitude! Hey, the Sox have used Brittany Spears and The WHO over the last few years, I think this AC/DC classic is a natural for us in 2003! :D:

well it easily beats out "come ready to play." it isnt bad.

LuvSox
02-17-2003, 11:53 AM
Look at all these Indiana guys on the same thread. I think we've broken some Chicago laws.

Pete_SSAC
02-17-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Look at all these Indiana guys on the same thread. I think we've broken some Chicago laws.

Yup.

- Pete

T Dog
02-17-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox

Considering that Indiana almost put Ron Kittle on its license plate in the 1980s, I don't have any problem with Hoosiers, even though I live in Wisconsin now.

duke of dorwood
02-17-2003, 06:54 PM
I heard its "White Sox Baseball Free night and weekend minutes"

RedPinStripes
02-17-2003, 06:59 PM
What's the slogan this year?

:gallas
We're hosting the all-star game! And we jacked up the prices too!
Welcome to Comi.........TheCell.........the Joan, awwwww hell! Us Cellular field! Now that sounds like baseball !

nut_stock
02-18-2003, 10:49 AM
I remember picking up a Sox broadcast on AM 1000 when it was Robin Ventura's first game back from that awful injury suffered in ST. Anyway's they were doing a commercial on the Radio that day saying "Robin's back" while playing "Back in Black". At the time I though it sounded pretty good.

Oh yeah, he hit a game-winning double that game!

Juan Pizarro
02-18-2003, 01:28 PM
I love it! Anything that gets more Angus Young out there is a good thing.

Foulke You
02-18-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
What's the slogan this year?

:gallas
We're hosting the all-star game! And we jacked up the prices too!
Welcome to Comi.........TheCell.........the Joan, awwwww hell! Us Cellular field! Now that sounds like baseball !

I believe the Sox are sticking with "Host of the 2003 All Star Game" which is fine by me. I don't think I could take another year of the endless commercials featuring:

"When Sox fans hear Jerry Manuel Say: I don't care who you are. Cleveland, New York, Oakland, you come to our ballpark, you better come ready to play. "

gosox41
02-18-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
I believe the Sox are sticking with "Host of the 2003 All Star Game" which is fine by me. I don't think I could take another year of the endless commercials featuring:

"When Sox fans hear Jerry Manuel Say: I don't care who you are. Cleveland, New York, Oakland, you come to our ballpark, you better come ready to play. "

It sure beats his quote of a few year seasons ago:

"I just want to see the other team flinch."

I forget the first part, but the only ones wincing are Sox fans when Jerry has the urge for another round of tinkiering.

Bob

guillen4life13
02-18-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You

(comic book guy's voice) :Umm, excuse me: it's actually "you better bring yo'- A game. you better come ready to play."

chisox06
02-18-2003, 07:52 PM
I dont know why the "South Side hitmen" slogan has not been reestablished.

kevingrt
02-18-2003, 08:32 PM
Gotta go back to, "Good Guys Waer Black!"

WinningUgly!
02-18-2003, 08:37 PM
Back in black
I hit the sack
I've been too long I'm glad to be back
Yes, I'm let loose
From the noose
That's kept me hanging about
I've been looking at the sky