PDA

View Full Version : Billy Koch; Glad You're Here!

Mammoo
02-17-2003, 12:54 AM
From the Tribune...

"No job is ever set in stone," he said. "There are a lot of great pitchers in this room. The way I felt in Oakland and Toronto was that any of those guys in the [bullpen] could step in and do what I do. These guys can get three outs. It's not a difficult thing to do.

"I know what [Damaso] Marte did last year, and then they bring in Flash [Gordon] and I'm like, 'Uh-oh, I better not screw up.'

"Competition within the team is always good. It drives you to be better."

BK has an excellent 'tude...just what we need!!!

HawkDJ
02-17-2003, 12:56 AM
Koch has a great attitudte and is great in the clubhouse. He wants to be a closer too that always helps. Can't say the same things about Foulke. I'm certianly glad Koch is here.

SouthSideHitman
02-17-2003, 12:58 AM
Glad to see that he's not trying to alienate anyone else after the twinkies comment, but still he and everyone else knows that he's our closer.

As I see it, there were two reasons to trade for him over Foulkey.

1. He could be signed long-term for less.
2. He would mean that there would be no closer controversy.

I mean he is marginally worse than Foulke, although he won't be as overworked this year, so why else get him? But I think its great to see a newcomer talk up less heralded members of his team on his way in, but come March 31, I wanna see some heat in the 9th!

TRL
02-17-2003, 02:25 AM
How can you not love this guy? When I read the Tribune article I just smiled. I love the fact that he said that nothing is set in stone. If everyone comes into camp like they are trying to win a job, it is going to be a great atmosphere to work in. We won't have to worry about the whole "boot camp" thing as long as eveyone comes to bust their butts.

Hangar18
02-17-2003, 09:03 AM
PLUS.....look how he looks in a Sox hat....goattee and all.
kind of Menacing isnt it?

kevingrt
02-17-2003, 11:09 AM
The best thing about Koch, he might actually get angered and beam somebody on the mound, something no Sox did last year.

LuvSox
02-17-2003, 11:14 AM
His 'soul patch' makes the look. I wish I had a job that allows such things, I'd have one now too!

34rancher
02-17-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
Koch has a great attitudte and is great in the clubhouse. He wants to be a closer too that always helps. Can't say the same things about Foulke. I'm certianly glad Koch is here.
My favorite BK quote was at Sox fest, when he told the news cameras, "I just hope that no one thinks I'm an ass". That was hilarious. We should start a thread with just BK quotes. That would be funny.