PDA

View Full Version : Boom Boom Bevington

soxguy
02-16-2003, 09:00 PM
sorry to bring up a stinker like him but.......do any of u guys have that clip or know where i can get the clip of him arguing that 1st base out call with the ump and sweet lou pinella, it has to be the funniest thing i;ve EVER heard

LuvSox
02-16-2003, 09:14 PM
I remember when Karkovice used to ride him all the time and Bev would bench him for it. That guy gave me ulcers. I'd like to see that video too.

jeremyb1
02-16-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by soxguy
sorry to bring up a stinker like him but.......do any of u guys have that clip or know where i can get the clip of him arguing that 1st base out call with the ump and sweet lou pinella, it has to be the funniest thing i;ve EVER heard

was that the game where he went nuts and then started to go to the dugout and decided to come back again? i was at that game. it was incredibly funny.

soxguy
02-17-2003, 12:22 PM
yes i think that was the game, he was arguing aginst pinnella that his guy was safe at first, except somewhere along the line his started saying his guy was out, and pinella just shrugged and walked away, probably thing "this guys a dumbass". They had a radio clip of that on the score and i'd love to get my hands on the audio. its so unbelievable.

Juan Pizarro
02-17-2003, 04:21 PM
I'd love to have the tape of Bevington's wrestling match with Phil Garner. Those buttheads deserved each other.

Have any of you guys heard the unexpurgated Lee Elia tape, when he went off on Cub fans in '83? Heard it once without the beeps; a columnist for the Rocky Mountain News played it for me. Now THAT is some priceless stuff.

Daver
02-17-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Juan Pizarro
I'd love to have the tape of Bevington's wrestling match with Phil Garner. Those buttheads deserved each other.

Have any of you guys heard the unexpurgated Lee Elia tape, when he went off on Cub fans in '83? Heard in once without the beeps; a columnist for the Rocky Mountain News played it for me. Now THAT is some priceless stuff.

I have a copy of the uncensored Lee Elia press conference on my hard drive,a true classic.

Viva Magglio
02-17-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by daver
I have a copy of the uncensored Lee Elia press conference on my hard drive,a true classic.

You can hear Lee Elia in all his glory (originally recorded by Les Grobstein) along with some other choice outtakes with this link:

Hank Hayes' Outtakes (http://www.hankhayes.com/page4.html)