PDA

View Full Version : Any news on Rauch?

carltonfisk
08-14-2001, 12:39 PM
Just wondering. I'm hearing he's a Randy Johnson-type pitcher. Is that true? Any idea if we'll see him next year?

Joel Perez
08-14-2001, 12:49 PM
Jon Rauch is out for the rest of the year because of arthroscopic surgery on his right arm.

The Sox expect a full recovery, and for him to start pitching again in Charlotte-AAA in '02.

He's not a Randy Johnson clone (only in height), but he does get the job done.

Randar68
08-14-2001, 01:16 PM
Just wondering. I'm hearing he's a Randy Johnson-type pitcher. Is that true? Any idea if we'll see him next year?

Ummm, whoever you're hearing that from has no idea what the game of baseball even is.

He's 6'11", and the comparison ends there. He throws 95 mph deep into games, has a smooth, fluid delivery, and has exceptional control.

The Sox expect him to recover in time to throw this winter and be ready by the start of spring training to challenge for a spot in the rotation. While not explicitly saying so, it appears to me they have him penciled in the rotation already...

Iguana775
08-14-2001, 02:04 PM
i sure hope they havent penciled him in already. he needs to prove that the surgery will have not ill effect on him. if he does good in winterball and then impresses in ST, they yea. give him a shot. otherwise, he should be in AAA.

Jjav829
08-14-2001, 02:06 PM
I've heard that Rauch will start the season in AAA next year, and should force himself into the starting rotation by allstar break. Let's hope that we don't even need him next year. :)

Palehose1
08-14-2001, 02:06 PM
I hope Rauch has a shot at the rotation next Spring, because he's on my fantasy team. Any shot at him pitching winter ball or in the Arizona fall league ? Will he be recovered by then ?

Randar68
08-14-2001, 02:12 PM
I've heard that Rauch will start the season in AAA next year, and should force himself into the starting rotation by allstar break. Let's hope that we don't even need him next year.

Well, you haven't heard that from anyone in the White Sox organization or anyone who covers the team closely, that's for certain.

Any shot at him pitching winter ball or in the Arizona fall league ? Will he be recovered by then ?

Yeah, if all goes well, he should be available to play in the Arizona Fall League. Again, reports have indicated that if everything goes well, as they have thus far, that he will be 100% by the start of spring training.

Jjav829
08-14-2001, 02:17 PM
Well, you haven't heard that from anyone in the White Sox organization or anyone who covers the team closely, that's for certain.

So then who in the Sox organization do you get your information. And no I don't get my information from the Sox organization. I get them from Minor league "experts". While they may not know everything don't fool youself into thinking that you know more than they do.

Randar68
08-14-2001, 02:24 PM
So then who in the Sox organization do you get your information. And no I don't get my information from the Sox organization. I get them from Minor league "experts". While they may not know everything don't fool youself into thinking that you know more than they do.

I think the accuracy in my reports generally speaks for itself.....

Jjav829
08-14-2001, 02:28 PM
What accuracy? Do you actually keep track? It's called a crapshoot Randar. It's a guess. If you'll go actually read my post you'll notice I never claimed that it was true. I even specifically said "I've heard". I never claimed to be an expert because Im a fan. That's it. Im a fan who feels like a know a lot about the game but I don't want to sound egotistical. Until I get a job working for a MLB baseball organization, specifically the Sox I can't, nor will I claim that I know exactly the truth.

Randar68
08-14-2001, 02:40 PM
What accuracy? Do you actually keep track? It's called a crapshoot Randar. It's a guess. If you'll go actually read my post you'll notice I never claimed that it was true. I even specifically said "I've heard". I never claimed to be an expert because Im a fan. That's it. Im a fan who feels like a know a lot about the game but I don't want to sound egotistical. Until I get a job working for a MLB baseball organization, specifically the Sox I can't, nor will I claim that I know exactly the truth.

I'm not being egotistical. If your guesses are crapshoots, that's your opinion and perogative. But saying "I've heard", when you have no source is like saying "I've heard there's life on Mars."

I'm not an expert and I do not get paid to report the information that I read, or get from direct knowledgeable sources. I do not feel as though I must reveal every source of every tidbit of information I have, and in no way do I plan on doing so.

When I am expressing my own opinion, specifically when it is not backed by solid evidence, I preface it like, "I think Rauch will be a dominant pitcher and return to his healthy form by winter ball"...

Look, the sources I have have been proven correct time and time again. I have spoken with several of the Sox minor league managers and coaches on several occassions, and have spoken with scouts of other organizations on many occassions.

I am not touting myself as an 'expert', yet explaining to you that I do have more inside inforrmation than the casual fan.

I cannot tell the future nor do I claim to know the exact truth, but Rauch, if healthy, will be given every benefit of the doubt in ST next year if the current Sox pitching staff (+ returns from injuries) remains the same.

Jjav829
08-14-2001, 02:48 PM
That's exactly what I wanted to hear. If you do not know when exactly Rauch will be back then how are you able to tell me that my source is incorrect. That was not what I thought was going to happen, that is what I have read. I don't know when he will be back. You can never be certain how soon a pitcher will return from surgery, especially major surgery. If Rauch encounters complications during Rehab starts he may be set back to the point where his chances of earning a spot in the rotation will be slim.

I was simply answering the question originally asked by carltonfisk with what I have heard. If you don't like my answer and feel that your knowledge of what will happen will Jon Rauch is that much more superior to mine , then ignore what I say. It's that simple.

Randar68
08-14-2001, 03:03 PM
I preface it like, "I think Rauch will be a dominant pitcher and return to his healthy form by winter ball"...

That's what's called a hypothetical and was used simply as an example, not actual opinion, if that's what you are referring to in your post.

Look back and read what I have posted. I have said "Yeah, if all goes well, he should be available to play in the Arizona Fall League. Again, reports have indicated that if everything goes well, as they have thus far, that he will be 100% by the start of spring training."

That looks to me like a statement completely dependent upon health. Everything I have said is dependent upon health and has implied so in each such post. If you chose to ignore that part of the post, again, it's your perogative.

If you do not know when exactly Rauch will be back then how are you able to tell me that my source is incorrect.

*****!!! What the hell are you talking about now???? Do you have any idea over what this discussion started??? You said:

originally posted by Jjav829
I've heard that Rauch will start the season in AAA next year, and should force himself into the starting rotation by allstar break. Let's hope that we don't even need him next year

So, the "I've heard" has turned into a "crapshoot" or a "guess". So, I'm simply stating that my information, coming indirectly from the Sox through a reliable source is:

Yeah, if all goes well, he should be available to play in the Arizona Fall League. Again, reports have indicated that if everything goes well, as they have thus far, that he will be 100% by the start of spring training.

A statement which is obviously contingent upon his health....

Now, what are you arguing with????

Jjav829
08-14-2001, 03:08 PM
Ahh, I have neither the time nor the will to sit here and argue this any longer or explain what I've said. I am going out now. Maybe I'll clarify what I said later on. On second thought I'll put it this way. Let's just hope whenever the hell he comes back he pitches as good as we think he will. Fair enough? :)

Bmr31
08-14-2001, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Ahh, I have neither the time nor the will to sit here and argue this any longer or explain what I've said. I am going out now. Maybe I'll clarify what I said later on. On second thought I'll put it this way. Let's just hope whenever the hell he comes back he pitches as good as we think he will. Fair enough? :)

LOL me thinks you know how i feel :)

Randar68
08-14-2001, 03:22 PM
LOL me thinks you know how i feel

Ahhhhhhhhh, bmr has found someone else to be vague and unclear, yet completely unwilling to provide evidence or explanation of an arguement with....

bla!

Iguana775
08-14-2001, 04:55 PM
LOL....this place is turning into a spanish soap opera. :) cant we all just get along????

:kermit

have a laugh on me.

Bmr31
08-14-2001, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

Ahhhhhhhhh, bmr has found someone else to be vague and unclear, yet completely unwilling to provide evidence or explanation of an arguement with....

bla!

nope i found someone else who explained himself a dozen time and is still being asked to explain himself. Sometimes it just isnt worth it.