PDA

View Full Version : ESPN player rankings very pessimistic


MRKARNO
02-16-2003, 03:27 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/cgi/flb/request.dll?RANKINGS&Param0=1&Param1=0&Param2=0

These rankings don't even put Buerhle as a top 20 pitcher! You gotta hope that these rankings turn out wrong

Bmr31
02-16-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
http://games.espn.go.com/cgi/flb/request.dll?RANKINGS&Param0=1&Param1=0&Param2=0

These rankings don't even put Buerhle as a top 20 pitcher! You gotta hope that these rankings turn out wrong

Those are FANTASY baseball rankings. All it takes into account is 5 categories, and one of the cats is STRIKEOUTS. Buehrle isnt gonna be a top pitcher with that criteria.

TheBigHurt
02-16-2003, 05:39 PM
and why exactly is big frank that low...and dont say cause he is a dh

Bmr31
02-16-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
and why exactly is big frank that low...and dont say cause he is a dh

Cuz his numbers sucked?

TheBigHurt
02-16-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
Cuz his numbers sucked?

yes last years did....really, they go buy last yrs numbers? rather then what is expected this yr

champ out

wait thats not mine

jortafan
02-16-2003, 05:51 PM
It's because of rankings like this that I can't take seriously the whole phenomenon of fantasy baseball.

People wind up focusing on stuff that is meaningless to the game as it is played in the real world, and the things that make a baseball game a beautiful thing to watch wind up getting lost.

Then again, people who enjoy this stuff probably also think PlayStation baseball games are realistic. I guess I'll just be my old crotchety self and enjoy my time at the ballpark while others obsess about the latest cheap stats.

Bmr31
02-16-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
yes last years did....really, they go buy last yrs numbers? rather then what is expected this yr

champ out

wait thats not mine

Yes. Similar to some of the posters here, Espn bases their rankings on last years numbers. They do not consider past history or upside. Its a worthless list.

OEO Magglio
02-16-2003, 05:54 PM
I think the funnies thing I saw was Damaso not in the top 20 middle relievers, I mean Joe Borowski? come on now.

TheBigHurt
02-16-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
I think the funnies thing I saw was Damaso not in the top 20 middle relievers, I mean Joe Borowski? come on now.

i figured the sox might have 2 or 3 middle relievers in the top 20(marte, white, gordon), but to not have 1, well if they go on last season stats we cant complain....nor should we care

Bmr31
02-16-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
i figured the sox might have 2 or 3 middle relievers in the top 20(marte, white, gordon), but to not have 1, well if they go on last season stats we cant complain....nor should we care

I dunno about that. There are SO many good set up guys out there. Its not hard to put up good numbers, in that role.

TimChamp
02-16-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
yes last years did....really, they go buy last yrs numbers? rather then what is expected this yr

champ out

wait thats not mine


LMAO!!!! Good one there Hurt...I like your style... :gulp:

Champ out...

TheBigHurt
02-16-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by TimChamp
LMAO!!!! Good one there Hurt...I like your style... :gulp:

Champ out...

good its good you like my style but, at the same time i like your style

TheBigHurt
02-16-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
I dunno about that. There are SO many good set up guys out there. Its not hard to put up good numbers, in that role.

yes ya get that right

Bmr31
02-16-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
good its good you like my style but, at the same time i like your style

Get a room guys.

TimChamp
02-16-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
Get a room guys.

LOL! Believe me, it's not like that...it's just funny that someone would actually copy my "style"

Champ out...