PDA

View Full Version : Uh-oh. Milton might need surgery.


SoxxoS
02-16-2003, 02:15 PM
Here (http://www.startribune.com/stories/509/3655257.html)

Not exactly too confident about Radke (fine) or Mays (appears to be fine) either. Seriously, right now their best starting pitcher is Santana. No joke.

jeremyb1
02-16-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Here (http://www.startribune.com/stories/509/3655257.html)

Not exactly too confident about Radke (fine) or Mays (appears to be fine) either. Seriously, right now their best starting pitcher is Santana. No joke.

see this just backs up the fact that players that have injured in the past are more likely to be injured again in the future. its ridiculous to say "these guys were hurt last season so we'll be great when they come back healthy this season". that's just not how it works. some players are more healthy than others and players do not always immediatley recover from the effects of surgery. sometimes they reinjure themselves and need more operations or sometimes the problem isn't fixed correctly the first time and they need another operation. this is why you can't ever be too optimistic about players returning from injury.

SoxxoS
02-16-2003, 02:36 PM
Good point Jeremy. See-

:butter

:simas

:JB

soxguy
02-16-2003, 02:52 PM
I dont want to burst anyones bubble, but didn't the twins have some key injuries last season to their pitching staff? It didnt stop them once again from making us look terrible when we matched up. At this point i'm only focusing on the sox, until we can prove on the field we are better than the twins.

Bmr31
02-16-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by soxguy
I dont want to burst anyones bubble, but didn't the twins have some key injuries last season to their pitching staff? It didnt stop them once again from making us look terrible when we matched up. At this point i'm only focusing on the sox, until we can prove on the field we are better than the twins.

Wow, i was just going to post this, thanks.

WhiteSoxWinner
02-16-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by soxguy
I dont want to burst anyones bubble, but didn't the twins have some key injuries last season to their pitching staff? It didnt stop them once again from making us look terrible when we matched up. At this point i'm only focusing on the sox, until we can prove on the field we are better than the twins.

Good point, but the Twins had those guy for at least part of the season. If they can open the season in the hole...

DrCrawdad
02-16-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Here (http://www.startribune.com/stories/509/3655257.html)

Not exactly too confident about Radke (fine) or Mays (appears to be fine) either. Seriously, right now their best starting pitcher is Santana. No joke.

That article has this photo with the caption "ERIC MILTON." IIRC Eric Milton is white.
http://www.startribune.com/stonline/images/news1/1twin0215.e.jpg

Eric Milton's photo from CNNSI's webpage...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/images/baseball/mlb/players/14799.jpg

guillen4life13
02-16-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
That article has this photo with the caption "ERIC MILTON." IIRC Eric Milton is white.
http://www.startribune.com/stonline/images/news1/1twin0215.e.jpg

Eric Milton's photo from CNNSI's webpage...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/images/baseball/mlb/players/14799.jpg

He looks like a white guy with a tan.

SoxxoS
02-16-2003, 04:42 PM
I'm pretty sure the black guy is Toe Nash.

OEO Magglio
02-16-2003, 05:27 PM
Seriously, right now their best starting pitcher is Santana. No joke.
I agree with you!!!!!

jeremyb1
02-16-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by soxguy
I dont want to burst anyones bubble, but didn't the twins have some key injuries last season to their pitching staff? It didnt stop them once again from making us look terrible when we matched up. At this point i'm only focusing on the sox, until we can prove on the field we are better than the twins.

i definately agree. what i disagree with is the notion that the twins' pitching will be better this season because all their starters will be healthier and therefore pitch better.

baggio202
02-17-2003, 12:11 AM
last year the twinkies got a career year from the entire bullpen..milton goes down and that puts even more pressure on the pen to produce...remember our bullpen was overworked in '00 just like the twins were last year...and remember what happened to our pen in '01??...put a little pressure on that pen and it could implode...

thecell
02-17-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
last year the twinkies got a career year from the entire bullpen..milton goes down and that puts even more pressure on the pen to produce...remember our bullpen was overworked in '00 just like the twins were last year...and remember what happened to our pen in '01??...put a little pressure on that pen and it could implode...

You hit the nail on the head. That whole staff had career years and I can't see them coming close to what they did last year.