PDA

View Full Version : Cubune's New Hatchet Man, Teddy G.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-16-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
i bet sammy is in camp by now as well.

Oh baby, you took the words right out of my mouth!!!

Teddy Greenstein does another hatchet job on Frank in today's Cubune. He wonders if Frank can be a team player (whatever that is), then resurrects the story of Frank being late for BP back in JULY last season! The Cubune sports editor dutifully includes a picture of an angry Frank "sulking" inside the Sox dugout, a photo obviously taken moments after he made an out. Yeah, I'm sure a team player would be laughing, joking and patting his teammates on the rear in that situation. Hey, how about some two-fingered kissies, and some SALSA MUSIC too, eh Teddy?

Teddy Greenstein is a ****ing imbecile! He kissed Shammy's ass the past three years, and now Frank reporting EARLY for camp earns nothing but more comdemnation by this jerk.

God, I hate the Cubune.

Cheryl
02-16-2003, 12:56 PM
I'm so apalled with the Cubune for making that asshat the Sox beat reporter this year. I can't even look at their website anymore, much less soil my fingers on their paper.

jeremyb1
02-16-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Teddy Greenstein does another hatchet job on Frank in today's Cubune. He wonders if Frank can be a team player (whatever that is), then resurrects the story of Frank being late for BP back in JULY last season! The Cubune sports editor dutifully includes a picture of an angry Frank "sulking" inside the Sox dugout, a photo obviously taken moments after he made an out. Yeah, I'm sure a team player would be laughing, joking and patting his teammates on the rear in that situation. Hey, how about some two-fingered kissies, and some SALSA MUSIC too, eh Teddy?

Teddy Greenstein is a ****ing imbecile! He kissed Shammy's ass the past three years, and now Frank reporting EARLY for camp earns nothing but more comdemnation by this jerk.

God, I hate the Cubune.

i have absolutely no problem with greenstein. he's simply reporting on relevant stories people are interested in. like it or not nearly everyone in the media thinks frank is the big story this offseason, not just greenstein. sullivan wrote on the same issue numerous times. kw keeps dragging up the subject by making comments about how he's talked to frank about becoming more of a team player. frank and the sox have made this a story, all greenstein is doing is reporting it.

Bmr31
02-16-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
i have absolutely no problem with greenstein. he's simply reporting on relevant stories people are interested in. like it or not nearly everyone in the media thinks frank is the big story this offseason, not just greenstein. sullivan wrote on the same issue numerous times. kw keeps dragging up the subject by making comments about how he's talked to frank about becoming more of a team player. frank and the sox have made this a story, all greenstein is doing is reporting it.

Maybe if Frank wasnt such an *******, he wouldnt have to worry about it?

PaleHoseGeorge
02-16-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
Maybe if Frank wasnt such an *******, he wouldnt have to worry about it?

There you have it. Is this the basis for sports journalism, whether or not the media LIKES you?

There is such a thing as "home cookin" that local interests of all types receive from the local media. Chicagoans are regularly treated to breathless accounts of the newest gee-whiz exhibit at our museums, the great beauty of our lakefront and skyline, the greatness of our opera company, the outstanding nature of our restaurants and theater groups... blah, blah, blah...

Sorry, there ain't no home cookin' for the likes of Frank Thomas. I guess when it comes to sports heroes, there is only room enough to hide the warts of one team's hero.

Welcome to Chicago sports journalism's double standard.

:hurt
"I'm in camp early, and Teddy went ahead and plunged the knife in my back anyway."

:shammy
"I'll be in camp any week now, the new manager won't be tuning down my salsa music as long as I'm here, my team will be a winner or at least I'll put up my numbers, and what else really matters anyway? Okay Chicago, now kiss my ass!"

:moron
"I'm here for you Sammy, and I'm already puckered!"

soxguy
02-16-2003, 02:04 PM
since we know cubs fans will continue to go to wrigley no matter what smelly trash is out on the field, you should all keep buying the tribune, keep em profitable, and they will keep putting dog**** on the field. If cubs fans had any kind of intelligence they wouldnt continually support the disgusting misleading product on the field at the smelly confines. The media in this town has always been biased and always will be biased. Thats just a fact dwal with it, the sox historically as an organization are a big part of that bias, but thats cool with me. This team will be our team our secret the hell with the rest of chicago

jortafan
02-16-2003, 05:12 PM
Has Lip ever done a piece on Teddy G.? If not, one would be interesting, considering that I think one of his best pieces of work for this website was his profile of Paul Sullivan.

DrCrawdad
02-16-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Teddy Greenstein does another hatchet job on Frank in today's Cubune. He wonders if Frank can be a team player (whatever that is), then resurrects the story of Frank being late for BP back in JULY last season! The Cubune sports editor dutifully includes a picture of an angry Frank "sulking" inside the Sox dugout, a photo obviously taken moments after he made an out...

God, I hate the Cubune.

Remember too that Greenstein's name appeared on the IVY KILLER slam job on Sox fans.

We had to know that the Cubune would feel compelled to write critical articles at the start of Sox ST. On the other hand the Cubune ran nothing but loving fluff filled articles at the start of Cub ST.

Paul Sullivan has been assimilated by the Borg!

- DrCrawdad.

Lip Man 1
02-16-2003, 09:45 PM
Jorta:

This is what I know about Teddy from some of my media contacts:

He was born and raised in New York and is a die hard Yankee fan and a rumor was going around the Tribune Sports Dept. last month that the sports editor who is from the South Side and a Sox fan, wasn't sure if Teddy was going to get the gig as beat reporter on a permanent basis. Supposedly he was thinking about hiring somebody from outside the area.

With spring training here that may have changed, but that's the last that I heard.

If some of you folks want, please e-mail Teddy and let him know about WSI... if enough of you can do this, perhaps I can contact him and see if he'd like to do an interview like Sully did.

Lip

hsnterprize
02-17-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Jorta:

This is what I know about Teddy from some of my media contacts:

He was born and raised in New York and is a die hard Yankee fan and a rumor was going around the Tribune Sports Dept. last month that the sports editor who is from the South Side and a Sox fan, wasn't sure if Teddy was going to get the gig as beat reporter on a permanent basis. Supposedly he was thinking about hiring somebody from outside the area.

With spring training here that may have changed, but that's the last that I heard.

If some of you folks want, please e-mail Teddy and let him know about WSI... if enough of you can do this, perhaps I can contact him and see if he'd like to do an interview like Sully did.

Lip

I just checked out Greenstein's article. I can't find his e-mail address. I'm sure once word gets around about WSI, he'll "maybe" come around.

Cheryl
02-17-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Lip

Why bother? We already know what a **** heel he is.

moochpuppy
02-17-2003, 09:28 AM
:shammy

"Anyone seen my visa?"