PDA

View Full Version : Happy Pitchers And Catchers Report Day

EnricoPallazzo
02-16-2003, 12:15 PM
HAPPY PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT DAY

Opening day battery! What do you think?

I say it will be Buehrle and Alomar.

Further predictions:
We will all come to love D'Angelo and Olivo.
We will still be waiting for El Caballo to break out.
At some point we'll be wondering why Borchard wasn't broughtup sooner.HAPPY PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT DAY!!!

RKMeibalane
02-16-2003, 12:19 PM
Buehrle has said that he is willing to move down to the number two spot in the rotation. I wouldn't be surprised if Colon gets the Opening Day start. I'm sure Jerry Manuel will change his mind several times before he settles on someone.

:jerry

*TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER*

Bmr31
02-16-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Buehrle has said that he is willing to move down to the number two spot in the rotation. I wouldn't be surprised if Colon gets the Opening Day start. I'm sure Jerry Manuel will change his mind several times before he settles on someone.

:jerry

*TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER*

Colon is the opening day starter, dont you guys read?

EnricoPallazzo
02-16-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
Colon is the opening day starter, dont you guys read?

No, but I'm an excellent TV watcher.

When I posted that I wondered if the opening day starter had been named. How long have I been ignorant? Wait, let me rephrase that. When was the anouncement made?

soxguy
02-16-2003, 02:44 PM
I think C LEE is finally going to have a breakout year, he ended the year on a positive note. If he comes through with a career year LOOKOUT these boys are contenders!

Bmr31
02-16-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by EnricoPallazzo
No, but I'm an excellent TV watcher.

When I posted that I wondered if the opening day starter had been named. How long have I been ignorant? Wait, let me rephrase that. When was the anouncement made?

It has not been made official, but Buehrle already said Colon should be #1 and Buehrle has made it clear he would prefer to be #2. In addition, Colon is the obvious choice. Your #1 guy needs to be a guy who WANTS to be #1. THAT is the obvious part of it.

LuvSox
02-16-2003, 03:31 PM
It's time for C. Lee to breakout. How long do we have to wait? Borchard would look good out there. Crede is the man this year, no stopping him.

voodoochile
02-16-2003, 03:59 PM
It has not been made official, but Buehrle already said Colon should be #1 and Buehrle has made it clear he would prefer to be #2. In addition, Colon is the obvious choice. Your #1 guy needs to be a guy who WANTS to be #1. THAT is the obvious part of it.

I thought Buehrle just said he didn't care and it was up to JM (the same thing Colon said).

Bmr31
02-16-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I thought Buehrle just said he didn't care and it was up to JM (the same thing Colon said).

No, he said he would be more comfortable with Colon as the ace. Even if your assumption was correct, why would we want an ace who "doesnt care".

voodoochile
02-16-2003, 04:15 PM
No, he said he would be more comfortable with Colon as the ace. Even if your assumption was correct, why would we want an ace who "doesnt care".

Maybe he was just being a "team player" and putting winning over personal achievement...

:D:

Bmr31
02-16-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Maybe he was just being a "team player" and putting winning over personal achievement...

:D:

Correct. And i am glad he can admit to himself that Colon is a better pitcher. Its an attitude winners have. See Scottie Pippen.

Juan Pizarro
02-16-2003, 05:56 PM
I think it depends on whether a lefty or righty is the fifth starter. Lefty, Colon goes first.

The one positive development that doesn't get enough mention is Lee's growth in OBP last season, his willingness to see more pitches. He's on the cusp!

duke of dorwood
02-16-2003, 06:51 PM
I have waited for this day all winter and I assume we will have someone from WSI there to tell us whats really happening. I dont like getting my news from the Cub media.

Rocklive99
02-16-2003, 10:21 PM
Someone asked Jerry this at SoxFest, and he said it was too early, but they'd look into the schedule, or he might just end up flipping a coin