PDA

View Full Version : Does Kenny Williams visit White sox Interactive?


MikeKreevich
02-16-2003, 07:53 AM
When asked if Manuel's job was in danger if the club gets out of the gate slowly, he replied: "Do I think you'd see that [speculation]?" Williams asked. "Yes, we see everything else on the Internet. My name would probably be linked to it as well. But we'll be too busy to pay attention to that."
Chicago Tribune 2-16-03

RKMeibalane
02-16-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Guzman's Goat
When asked if Manuel's job was in danger if the club gets out of the gate slowly, he replied: "Do I think you'd see that [speculation]?" Williams asked. "Yes, we see everything else on the Internet. My name would probably be linked to it as well. But we'll be too busy to pay attention to that."
Chicago Tribune 2-16-03

I brought up a point similar to this last summer when I asked if anyone knew of players, coaches, or other officials who visited this site. I think Cheryl said that she knew of a few players who visit this site on a regular basis. Others said they though the Sox organization was aware of WSI.

I would imagine the public relations department probably looks at this site and others from time to time, in order to get an idea of the fan response to any personel moves or events that take place during the course of a baseball season.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-16-2003, 10:27 AM
I know who Kenny William is, but I've been sworn not to tell. However, I'll give you a little hint.

B-M-R.

:)

RKMeibalane
02-16-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I know who Kenny William is, but I've been sworn not to tell. However, I'll give you a little hint.

B-M-R.

:)

Does this mean that he will start tipping over buffet tables and calling people names?

nixsox
02-16-2003, 11:18 AM
Did Kenny really do that? I hear that all the time but I don't remember it. Where and when did that happen?

RKMeibalane
02-16-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by nixsox
Did Kenny really do that? I hear that all the time but I don't remember it. Where and when did that happen?

It happened in the middle of the season. Williams was angry after a bad loss, so he stormed into the clubhouse and berated the entire team, and he knocked over a buffet table in the process. He called the players b*tches and m*therf*ckers.

Lip Man 1
02-16-2003, 12:12 PM
Getting back to the point of the thread, I don't know if Kenny himself looks over the site but I do know from the folks that I have contacts with in the media and in the Sox PR dept that at times, folks who work for the Sox are assigned sites to look over just to see what is going on and what is being discussed.

Personally I think that's a wise policy since the fans usually have a good handle on the issues, problems and opinions.

Lip

RKMeibalane
02-16-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Getting back to the point of the thread, I don't know if Kenny himself looks over the site but I do know from the folks that I have contacts with in the media and in the Sox PR dept that at times, folks who work for the Sox are assigned sites to look over just to see what is going on and what is being discussed.

Personally I think that's a wise policy since the fans usually have a good handle on the issues, problems and opinions.

Lip

I agree. These web-sites are one way that fans can offer feedback to their favorite teams. It's important for "the powers that be" to get an idea of what fans are saying, because fan response can go a long way towards determining how successful the team has been. Case and point: many of us here were extremely irritated with the events of last summer. I think the Sox organization became aware of this, and they are now trying to make things better.

Bmr31
02-16-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I know who Kenny William is, but I've been sworn not to tell. However, I'll give you a little hint.

B-M-R.

:)

Yes, and i will give you an inside scoop. I am about to deal Buehrle. Stay tuned.

Cheryl
02-16-2003, 12:50 PM
I think Cheryl said that she knew of a few players who visit this site on a regular basis. Others said they though the Sox organization was aware of WSI.

Not me. Must have been someone else. I don't know anything about it.

voodoochile
02-16-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
Yes, and i will give you an inside scoop. I am about to deal Buehrle. Stay tuned.

Don't do it KW, we've got daver...

Randar68
02-16-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Don't do it KW, we've got daver...


haahahaha....

Twang...... THUMP

soxguy
02-16-2003, 01:28 PM
GREAT JOB in the offseason kenny! This has been your best year yet. Now all that has to happen is the players need to live upto there potential and we are on the way

Bmr31
02-16-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by soxguy
GREAT JOB in the offseason kenny! This has been your best year yet. Now all that has to happen is the players need to live upto there potential and we are on the way

Thank you! Wait until you see my next move. Look for results by the end of the week.

Daver
02-16-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
haahahaha....

Twang...... THUMP

Beware the red dot.................


:)

RKMeibalane
02-16-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
Not me. Must have been someone else. I don't know anything about it.

My mistake. I could have sworn you said that. I'm probably just thinking of something else you said. After all, it was last summer when this happened.