PDA

View Full Version : Millar joins Red Sox

siugrad25
02-15-2003, 01:27 PM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2003/0215/1509525.html

It's official. Kevin Millar is now a member of the BoSox.

So what does that mean for Mr. Rogers? I guess Mr. Boras will have to dig a little deeper to find a home for the former Ranger.
What's it down to Pittsburgh now? He can join Kip.

You can come back Mr. Boras, we won't bite . . . too hard.

I still wouldn't mind him, but no more playing around. It's time to win a World Series.

jeremyb1
02-15-2003, 03:07 PM
i'm really curious to see what boras has done. he had his client turn down 5 mil per season to the point that he's now going to miss the start of spring training holding out so that he can make a fraction of what he was initially offered. if the red sox are no longer interested i have no idea who is other than us. the pirates are quoted numerous places as saying they're not looking to add any more pitchers to their staff.

gogosoxgogo
02-15-2003, 03:11 PM
Sweet, this gives us a very good chance now. I doubt the Red Sox are really going to go after him, and as Jeremy said, Pitt is out of it. The O's signed Rick Helling, so they're gone. Who does that leave? US! Now we have the upper hand. Boras really screwed Rogers over this winter.

Juan Pizarro
02-15-2003, 06:59 PM
The bad news about this is I now owe a Boston buddy a sixer, cause I bet him Millar would never play there.
A shot at Rogers is worth six Sam Adams, especially if Boras has to grovel.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-15-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Juan Pizarro
The bad news about this is I now owe a Boston buddy a sixer, cause I bet him Millar would never play there.
A shot at Rogers is worth six Sam Adams, especially if Boras has to grovel.

A man should not bite off more than he can chew.

Next time, bet him a six-pack of Old Style.

:)

WinningUgly!
02-15-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
i'm really curious to see what boras has done. he had his client turn down 5 mil per season to the point that he's now going to miss the start of spring training holding out so that he can make a fraction of what he was initially offered. if the red sox are no longer interested i have no idea who is other than us. the pirates are quoted numerous places as saying they're not looking to add any more pitchers to their staff. Gambling away a guaranteed $10 million+, when your client is pushing 40 years old? What a dumb ass! Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy.

34 Inch Stick
02-17-2003, 08:17 AM
I bet he throws in some of his own money to another team just to keep Rogers away from the Sox. It's good to see this guy sweat it out. From his perspective though, one lost gamble will not make him lose sleep at night.