PDA

View Full Version : Who else will enjoy watching the yanks fall?

ChiSoxTony
02-14-2003, 07:55 PM
The Yankmees will tumble. Internal strife is growing. Steinbrenner is ridding Jeter. Egos a plenty. Who else will enjoy the fall?

OEO Magglio
02-14-2003, 08:10 PM
The Yankmees will tumble

I sure hope your right.

HawkDJ
02-14-2003, 09:00 PM
Yeah right...the Yankees will never fall as much as you hope and pray Tony.

Lip Man 1
02-14-2003, 09:34 PM
The Sox should have the Yankees problems.

Who's going to beat them in the East?

New York can start getting their rotation ready for October, barring a plane crash it's a lock.

I think the "chaos" in the Yankees organization is overblown. These guys have a "star" at practically every position, when the bell rings, they know how to play and I don't expect anything different this year.

and if they do start slowly, George will get Griffey or someone of his ilk, push the payroll to over 200 million, and start winning.

Lip

voodoochile
02-14-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by ChiSoxTony
The Yankmees will tumble. Internal strife is growing. Steinbrenner is ridding Jeter. Egos a plenty. Who else will enjoy the fall?

Welcome aboard! :D:

I just hope the Sox beat them. Whatever else happens to them doesn't really matter to me...

mac9001
02-14-2003, 10:25 PM
Don't ever count the Yankees out, when you have enough money to buy a average teams entire payroll, you'll have no problem acquiring more talent to compete. :whiner:

SouthSideHitman
02-14-2003, 10:44 PM
The yankees may very well fall (God willing) but I wouldn't bet on it. If they do it will be from internal strife and a lack of chemistry, but that seems unlikely.

The many new faces may not blend, but at SoxFest, Ed was talking about how just being a yankee carried certain expectations and responsibilities and I think those will override any possible problems.

The only reason the boss is riding Jeter is to show that he won't play favorites. Jeter has a great work ethic and is in no way a party animal.

Besides, the yanks have enough relativly young pitchers in the pen to replace most of their current starters and if that fails, then they can just trade for them.

They have unlimited payroll, a great offense, two great rotations and a pathological need to win at all levels from front office to the bleachers. All I'm saying is that The Evil Empire won't just collapse, it'll need a few Solidarities in their to take it down. But hey, we can all dream, right?

Paulwny
02-15-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
The Sox should have the Yankees problems.

Who's going to beat them in the East?

New York can start getting their rotation ready for October, barring a plane crash it's a lock.

I think the "chaos" in the Yankees organization is overblown. These guys have a "star" at practically every position, when the bell rings, they know how to play and I don't expect anything different this year.

and if they do start slowly, George will get Griffey or someone of his ilk, push the payroll to over 200 million, and start winning.

Lip

Agree, I've been a yankmee hater for eons and George has pulled these tirades before. It's his way of reminding the team that he and not Torre is the boss and not obtaining a WS ring is failure.

LuvSox
02-15-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by ChiSoxTony
The Yankmees will tumble. Internal strife is growing. Steinbrenner is ridding Jeter. Egos a plenty. Who else will enjoy the fall? Taking a step back and looking at the YankMe situation, it may just be that the media is blowing everything up. They haven't drooled over that team since October. They're not going anywhere as long as they have that big fat checkbook. Well, here's to Jackass George ruining baseball.

TheBigHurt
02-15-2003, 12:06 PM
ME