PDA

View Full Version : So excited it's scary

Juan Pizarro
02-14-2003, 12:38 PM
Well, crew, I don't know about you, but this is as juiced up as I've been for a start of spring training since '94.

A solid core, fresh blood, a rededicated Frank, an actual ace, solid spare parts picked up in the offseason. Damn!

C'mon April!

Foulke You
02-14-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Juan Pizarro
Well, crew, I don't know about you, but this is as juiced up as I've been for a start of spring training since '94.

A solid core, fresh blood, a rededicated Frank, an actual ace, solid spare parts picked up in the offseason. Damn!

C'mon April!

I'm excited too but here is the two word mantra for every Sox fan who has had their hopes and dreams crushed in summers past:

"Cautiously Optimistic"

I'm sticking by it.

hold2dibber
02-14-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
I'm excited too but here is the two word mantra for every Sox fan who has had their hopes and dreams crushed in summers past:

"Cautiously Optimistic"

I'm sticking by it.

You said it, F.Y. I certainly think the Sox improved themselves over the winter, but there are still holes and much depends upon the continued improvement of young, unproven players (i.e., Jimenez, Garland, Wright, Rauch, Crede, Rowand, Olivo), which is a hit or miss proposition at best.

Juan Pizarro
02-14-2003, 03:07 PM
Well, of course there are questions, and as a lifelong Sox addict, heartbreak and trouble are my best friends. I'm sure y'all have them on speed dial as well.

I guess what I'm getting at is, we've actually got something to look forward to. Let's foster a positive milieu!

Let's hoist one at Jimbo's on April 4 before storming the Cell!

RKMeibalane
02-14-2003, 03:53 PM
I'm looking forward to the season.

ode to veeck
02-14-2003, 06:46 PM
You said it, F.Y. I certainly think the Sox improved themselves over the winter, but there are still holes and much depends upon the continued improvement of young, unproven players (i.e., Jimenez, Garland, Wright, Rauch, Crede, Rowand, Olivo), which is a hit or miss proposition at best.

I think Crede's already coming into his own, but yes there's a lot of unprovens still in the mix, and I'd like to see an extra veteran or two to round it out, like for example, sure would be nice to have a solid lead off hitter ...

whitesoxwilkes
02-14-2003, 06:53 PM

Let's hoist one at Jimbo's on April 4 before storming the Cell!

Let's hoist 5 or 6!

:gulp: :gulp:

hempsox
02-14-2003, 07:40 PM
as a lifelong Sox addict, heartbreak and trouble are my best friends. I'm sure y'all have them on speed dial as well.

Heartbreak and trouble on speed dial??? They're crashed on my couch stealing the remote and eating my cheesy-poofs...AND THEY ONLY WATCH LIFETIME AND WE CHANNEL!!!

PaleHoseGeorge
02-14-2003, 08:04 PM
Instead of spring training '94, I personal feeling this one is closer to spring training '01. The acquisition of Colon this winter to a team still nursing some question marks reminds me of KW trading for "staff ace" David Wells. That one didn't work out too well, but I was very hopeful entering the spring.

I hope this one turns out better!

:dumbash
"You think that deal worked out bad for YOU? Look how it turned out for ME!!!"

SouthSideHitman
02-14-2003, 09:28 PM
I agree with basiacally everyone. I really want to be optimistic, but with the Sox having so many unprovens and the twinkies having a possibly healthy rotation, I won't make any bold predictions just yet. I am however, tremendously looking forward to the season, which starts for me on March 23 when I see the Sox in Tucson! :smile: The thing that makes me feel good for this year is A) better pitching B) knowing that almost any young'in who can produce will get a job and C) the fact that the front office has seemed to make a real solid commitment to winning and the fans have responded well, which tells me that a midseason deal will probably be workable if we need that one extra piece of the puzzle.

TRL
02-15-2003, 11:50 AM
I'm just excited to get baseball going. We have a good looking team on paper, but like I've said before, games aren't played on paper they are played inside TV sets. I'm looking forward to the first spring training game. After that it will be hard to contain myself until March 31.

ChiSox14305635
02-15-2003, 12:02 PM

C'mon April!

I'm with ya' buddy! I can't wait for March 31 to hurry up and get here so we can start our march to a possible World Series. Let's get it going! :)